Ankles look weird and feet are in a weird position... Can someone let me know why this is caused and how to fix it?

hyacinthlilies

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 109 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

You need to stretch more often. C'mon, walk it off~!

Seriosuly, though, this may be caused by your feet having set animations as poses, like for heels or flats alternately, and if you have another animation playing (like in an AO) it can make your ankles act funny. I encountered this problem when making poses for something, and a customer had their feet go wonky, and they couldn't pose their hands.

I'm sure other users have encountered this, and if you post what avatar body you use, and what kind of AO, etc., some of our experienced foot-fixers might be able to help you sort it out without too much trouble.

Edited by PheebyKatz

1 hour ago, hyacinthlilies said:

feet shapes are set in the body HUD. With Maitreya is on Hands/Feet tab - Foot Shape. Other body HUDs have similar capability

if by weird you mean your feet over straighten or bend backwards when you dance/walk/run/fly then get and wear an Ankle Lock, which on-screen stops your feet from looking this kind of weird, particular when wearing high heels

is heaps of ankle locks on marketplace at varying prices: keyword: ankle lock.

suggest start with the free ones and work your way up. What you looking for is an Ankle Lock which works all the time you are wearing it. Some of the ankle locks offered don't do this, so work your way thru them til you find one that works for you best

some of the built-in body ankle locks don't work as well as they might. The animation priority is not as high as it could/should be, and some have a really slow check timer cycle firing llStartAnimation("ankle lock)

some have no check cycle at all just a onetime start animation when press the HUD button, which gets pushed to the background when another animation with same priority or higher starts

based on my own personal experience I prefer an ankle lock that is scripted to  auto-update itself to the front of the animation queue on a fairly fast cycle

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, elleevelyn said:

based on my own personal experience I prefer an ankle lock that is scripted to  auto-update itself to the front of the animation queue on a fairly fast cycle

Animation duration is also somewhat important, the longer it is the less auto-updates are needed, while some that spam 2s long animation... well, if you open animation explorer in FS it's quite a mess. Ideally it should 20s+ long P6 animation, which none of the built-in ones have, so one with such is what I've been using for years and suggesting to others.

• Like 1

On 1/17/2024 at 7:39 AM, steeljane42 said:

Animation duration is also somewhat important, the longer it is the less auto-updates are needed

No, the LENGTH of a LOOPED animation isn't the point.

The auto refresh is to combat the animation being over-ridden by another animation with the same priority, that started later.

Remember the Animation Priority Rule.

When two animations try to affect the same bone, the one with the HIGHER priority always wins, if the priority is tied, the one the viewer is informed off LAST always wins.

That's why you set the refresh timer for say 20-25 ms., so the animation gets refreshed every server frame.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 109 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.