Do I have this right? Lindens to process payment flow ...

Katherine Heartsong

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 124 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have read the necessary pages but something I read struck me as odd. The pages say that you can only ...

... process credit due to net proceeds from sales of Linden Dollars.

So my situation is that I sold my 1/4 sim, the one with Blake access, and have quite a decent Linden balance now. When I convert 95% of it back to $CDN (leaving me a little balance to shop) it's a big enough sum that it's something I would like to get out and into my PayPal account.

My question is about the quote above. Assuming I've provided Tillia all of the documentation they need to establish me as me and I have the US$ Tillia part of my SL account activated ...

Does that mean I first have to price and sell my Lindens on the Linden market? Or can I simply transfer most of my Linden balance to $US and then apply to PayPal it out?

Thanks, everyone!

Edited by Katherine Heartsong
updated quote provided, fixed a spelling mistake
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 answers to this question

You can't "transfer" $L to USD. You always sell them. That's the only way to get SL money out of SL. That quote is really telling you that you can only transfer $L that you either bought on the Lindex or earned (or were given by another resident) in world. That's all most people have anyway. The rest is $L that you might have stolen. Try to take it out when you have been banned by LL, and they'll block the  transfer. 

• Thanks 3

I'm not quite sure what you're asking, but I think LL is defining any exchange of linden dollars for RL currency as a sale of linden dollar tokens. I recently took out $ 40 worth lindens, and this is what happened.

First LL takes a fee when the lindens are taken out and changed into US dollars in my dollar account. (At this point you get a better price by selling on the market, even if you have to wait a day for the sale to go through.) Then Tillia takes a minimum of $ 3 US as a fee when you transfer money to PayPal. I'd suggest leaving enough in your dollar account to pay for your next Premium payment if that isn't too far off, because then you won't pay fees to move money between your balance and your PayPal account. 

• Thanks 2

All good, ID verified and Lindens sold ... Linden balance refreshed in my Dashboard, my Tillia/US$ balance now also refreshed. I'll wait a bit until the "Request Process Credit" button becomes active (it currently is dimmed out), and do the transfer later, thanks everyone.

Edited by Katherine Heartsong
  • Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 124 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.