Legacy Mesh Body + EvoX head + Not Found Skin = bad tan line on neck

JoeDouglas24

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 159 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm sure this question has been asked before, so I apologize.  I'm new and have been watching countless videos on YouTube on creating an Avatar.  Many of these videos assume you know things about the SL interface, and I get lost.  I feel like I have incompatible parts or something. One video said the skin comes with a head skin and body skin, but all I got was ears and browless.

Can someone help?

Avitar-Neck-001.png

Screenshot-2023-12-21-at-2-48-56-PM.png

Screenshot-2023-12-21-at-2-48-29-PM.png

Also, the eyes look strange:

Screenshot-2023-12-21-at-3-23-36-PM.png

Edited by JoeDouglas24
Added additional issue

First, with skins existing out of a body & head layer, the following advice: First add the body layer, then the head layer and needed ear layer. Most of the head layers have an included neck fade/neck layer. 

Concerning your eyes: first redeform/reset skeleton, then go into the edit appearance, tab eyes, and reduce the eye depth and increase the eye pluffyness of the eyelids.

Thanks, I think I have fixed the eyes.  I'm a little unclear about the first part:

46 minutes ago, Dorientje Woller said:

First, with skins existing out of a body & head layer, the following advice: First add the body layer, then the head layer and needed ear layer. Most of the head layers have an included neck fade/neck layer. 

Is the body layer "[Body] Legacy (m) (1.6)"? or is it something in the "Not Found" skin?  The skin does have a "Neck Fade", but adding that doesn't seem to have any effect.

Maybe I'm not understanding something.  In the body's HUD, there is a style selector.  In some of the YouTubes I watch, it said to use the "Apply BOM."  Should I not do this?

Eyes first, have you activated Bom? I draw "1" to show where it is. If this is not activated, you have double eyes. This might be the issue. Try to toggle Bakes on Mesh on and off, see if it is a difference.

For skin, the EvoX head skins is made to fade out and blend with similar body skins. I wear a darker head skin here. You can see how it is no hard neck line, but the skin continue a bit down to the collarbone. (2)

Open your Not Found body skin folder and wear the skin, with a figure symbol, not the tattoo symbol. The tattoo is the squiggly pink one. Take off every other Not Found layer. Then take off and wear the Lelutka skin layer again (3). See if it helps?

kris azar head_001ed.png

Edited by Marianne Little
typo

2 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

PS, I assume the skin for Legazy has the same content as the Belleza skin pack I have.

I have male avatars too, that's why I am in a male head and body.

I note that he is wearing 2 face layers at once: the Face Lel EVOX Jon & the Not Found Romeo Browless skin. One of the 2 needs to go.

1 minute ago, Dorientje Woller said:

I note that he is wearing 2 face layers at once: the Face Lel EVOX Jon & the Not Found Romeo Browless skin. One of the 2 needs to go.

A-ha well spotted. I saw the Lelutka head skin and missed the "Romeo" skin.

Yes, then we found the problem. Wear the Not Found body skin, take off Face and Ears lel EvoX.

Sorry for confusing you, JoeDouglas!

28 minutes ago, JoeDouglas24 said:

Thanks, I think I have fixed the eyes.  I'm a little unclear about the first part:

Is the body layer "[Body] Legacy (m) (1.6)"? or is it something in the "Not Found" skin?  The skin does have a "Neck Fade", but adding that doesn't seem to have any effect.

Maybe I'm not understanding something.  In the body's HUD, there is a style selector.  In some of the YouTubes I watch, it said to use the "Apply BOM."  Should I not do this?

You have done it right if you have activated BOM.

If you use the skin from the body HUD, that skin will overrule the Not Found skin.

I found my Legacy body, in it is a notecard named Local Chat Commands. You open it and type in local chat /1meshbody bom on

This turn your body invisible? Take off the alpha body layer, the one that start with + ALPHA...

I hope I get it right now. I have been baking for hours and have an overdose of sugar from tasting...

kris azar head_003.png

2 hours ago, JoeDouglas24 said:

I'm sure this question has been asked before, so I apologize.  I'm new and have been watching countless videos on YouTube on creating an Avatar.  Many of these videos assume you know things about the SL interface, and I get lost.  I feel like I have incompatible parts or something. One video said the skin comes with a head skin and body skin, but all I got was ears and browless.

Can someone help?

Avitar-Neck-001.png

Screenshot-2023-12-21-at-2-48-56-PM.png

Screenshot-2023-12-21-at-2-48-29-PM.png

Also, the eyes look strange:

Screenshot-2023-12-21-at-3-23-36-PM.png

In your first screenshot you have BOTH the Lel face skin AND the Stray Dog face tattoo.  So make sure you are wearing the one you are trying to match.  The neck fade has to go on last (all these tattoo layers stack) And for many skins (not all) you HAVE to use the body skin that accompanies the head skin or you get a line (and then sometimes you still get a line).  You ALSO have two sets of ear skins on him --- at least in the beginning.   

Edited by Chic Aeon
spelling

1 minute ago, Rowan Amore said:

Also, did you purchase a body skin for the Legacy body at Not Found?  Unless they've changed it, they sell head and body skins separately.

I should not post this evening, I am not seeing the right things!

... the face skin named "Romeo", I mistook it for a body skin since he was wearing the default Lelutka face skin. I should go to bed.

Most skin creators have opted to keep a ‘separate head and body’ option. This so they do not have to waste time on making a whole skin in all the different tones and for all the different bodies, every time they will make a new face skin. The body skins are not so expensive. I do not remember the price last time I bought something in Not Found, but I mean it was under 500L.

I am trying to help, but only confusing the poor man. 😪

I log off now, go to sleep and let you who have a clear head continue to help....

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

Also, did you purchase a body skin for the Legacy body at Not Found?  Unless they've changed it, they sell head and body skins separately.

I thought a separate body skin purchase needed to be made.  But I couldn't find it in not found.  I looked again and found it.

17 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

The neck fade has to go on last (all these tattoo layers stack) And for many skins (not all) you HAVE to use the body skin that accompanies the head skin or you get a line (and then sometimes you still get a line).  

I think I'm starting to figure this out.  I've made some progress but still have a problem with that line.

I also have Neckfades that came with the Legacy body.  Should I be using these?  I couldn't figure out how to use them.

Screenshot-2023-12-22-at-11-07-01-AM.png

For some reason, when I go to "Edit Outfit Parts" it automatically rotates to the back.

Screenshot-2023-12-22-at-11-03-54-AM.png

I'm still learning all of this stuff.  I thought I would start with the avatar first.

Thank you everyone for your help!

When you are using head and body skins from the same store, in the same color, as you are, there should be no need for a neckfade at all.  The 2 parts are made to match.  It's when you are trying to match a head skin to a different store's body skin that you might need a fade.  Most of the head skins I've used actually cover head and neck areas as Marianne mentioned.

So take off any neck fades and see how it looks.   Also, turn off materials in the head and body hud.  Those are unnecessary in most cases.

44 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

When you are using head and body skins from the same store, in the same color, as you are, there should be no need for a neckfade at all.  

So take off any neck fades and see how it looks.   

The head and body skins are from Not Found.  I took the neck fade off, and still no change.  Maybe I'm not applying the skins correctly?

45 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Also, turn off materials in the head and body hud.  Those are unnecessary in most cases.

I'm not sure what this means.  I found a reference to reset materials.

I think Rowan may have something there with the shine thing. I don't have Legacy so can't speak to that --- BUT

You screenshots (great screenshots by the way and that helps us) show that you are wearing BODY tan 2.0 and the head tattoo does not say 2.0.   While creators (in my mind) should NEVER do it I have found some to switch tones with very little (sometimes NONE at all) info letting folks know that one doesn't go with another. 

To check that ---- I would look for a Not Found DEMO head that says it is 2.0  .    The only time that I was trying to find things at Not Found I thought it was beyond confusing and never got anything so I think PART of this is on the creator and not you :D.   It definitely looks right now that the body and skins aren't meant to work together.  Hope Rowan's answer was correct.  

You could ALSO try a completely different skin maker.  There are some free head skins on the Lelutka 12 Days  event and that might be good for testing.  

And as an aside I am guessing most if not all of us had many of these same issues with mesh bodies and particularly the new UV settings so don't beat yourself up over this.  I know "I" certainly had a time. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

You screenshots (great screenshots by the way and that helps us) show that you are wearing BODY tan 2.0 and the head tattoo does not say 2.0.   While creators (in my mind) should NEVER do it I have found some to switch tones with very little (sometimes NONE at all) info letting folks know that one doesn't go with another. 

I think you were on to something.  I found the 1.0 skin and the demo looks better.  There is still a line, could that be because of the demo skin?

Screenshot-2023-12-22-at-3-48-55-PM.png

It shows you using the Not Found Body Applier Hud.  Using that switched off the BOM on the body.  Your underlying body is showing through.  Just turn BOM back on with the Legacy Hud and don't use an applier.   There is also a neck size option on the body hud.

This is an older thread but explains some of what you're having issues with...

20 minutes ago, JoeDouglas24 said:

I think you were on to something.  I found the 1.0 skin and the demo looks better.  There is still a line, could that be because of the demo skin?

Screenshot-2023-12-22-at-3-48-55-PM.png

Pull up the hud of the body, and toggle with the neck sizes. It seems that the neck size of the body is too big. Oh, to activate the BOM of the body, there is a notice in the body folder with all commands you can use in the local chat: "/1meshbody bom on" is the command to activate the BOM function of the body without the quotes.

Edited by Dorientje Woller
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Dorientje Woller said:

Pull up the hud of the body, and toggle with the neck sizes. It seems that the neck size of the body is too big. Oh, to activate the BOM of the body, there is a notice in the body folder with all commands you can use in the local chat: "/1meshbody bom on" is the command to activate the BOM function of the body without the quotes.

Thanks for the chat commands.  I haven't used my legacy in so long I forgot.

7 hours ago, JoeDouglas24 said:

I thought a separate body skin purchase needed to be made.  But I couldn't find it in not found.  I looked again and found it.

I think I'm starting to figure this out.  I've made some progress but still have a problem with that line.

I also have Neckfades that came with the Legacy body.  Should I be using these?  I couldn't figure out how to use them.

Screenshot-2023-12-22-at-11-07-01-AM.png

For some reason, when I go to "Edit Outfit Parts" it automatically rotates to the back.

Screenshot-2023-12-22-at-11-03-54-AM.png

I'm still learning all of this stuff.  I thought I would start with the avatar first.

Thank you everyone for your help!

You should be using the neckfades that come with Not found. Wear the head skin, then wear the Not found Neckfade. And only after that you add all the BOM features that you want on your head.

10 minutes ago, Miguel Rowley said:

You should be using the neckfades that come with Not found. Wear the head skin, then wear the Not found Neckfade. And only after that you add all the BOM features that you want on your head.

I assumed wearing a head and body skin from the same store eliminated the need for a neck fade.  Is that not the case with Not Found?

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 159 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.