Head Hunting - And Skinning...!?

Bloodsong Termagant

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 112 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

i would like to have the head i have in... um, i don't remember which freebie MMO thing.  it looks like this:

https://prnt.sc/10geicm
https://prnt.sc/10gehgw

this is the best i could do, trying out the kris head:
https://prnt.sc/_kDhoSs9Qfkz

i can't get the lower face/cheeks/jaw smooth enough with this head.  or the other heads i have.  (i have meta neo 1 and 2, mr poet sigurd, and logo chase.)

so, two questions...

1: can anyone recommend a head that they think can be shaped like this?  it needs to have a male neck option, at least.  i would REALLY prefer it to be mod. and to not have large puffy lips that are in style nowadays.

2: can anyone recommend a skin like this tone?  i have a hard time finding an 'ethnically hard to pin down' golden/bronze/butterscotch skin tone.  it needs to have a hairless body option. and no facial hair/follicles. (eyebrows okay)

i'm not married to evox uvs or sluvs at this time.  as long as the head and body go together.

i'd be grateful for any leads.  thank you!  :)

• Like 1

That's Black Desert Online.

You'll have to go on a demo spree. Try Lelutka Alain, try Connor, try Paxton, try Quinn. You can also try Akeruka's Christmas Gift (150L group join, 1L for the gift) - Leonardo. 

Skins are going to definitely make or break getting the exact look. For the skin tones you want, try Stray Dog and Not Found. Perhaps Vendetta. Demo everything.

As far as mod goes, most heads are no mod. BeSpoke heads are the only mod brand I know of, but they're primarily fantasy and creature heads - not too many human options just yet.

The good news is most Lelutka male heads are pretty flexible on the sliders, so you should be able to play around with making shapes fairly easily. So, wear your demo head + demo skin + demo shape that came with the head or skin (if one does) and try messing around with the sliders before purchasing anything.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

thank you so much, ayashe!

i had a play with the freebie lelutka heads.  they're pretty nice.  love the elf ears.

i just got the logo freebie heads, and i'm having a LOT more luck with noel.  also, the logo heads are mod.  (i had the freebie chase head from logo, it has served me well.)  i'll be trying other head shapes from them.
   i did try to look at their MP just recently, and was really disappointed.  but when i got to the main store for the event, i was surprised to see WAY more heads than were on MP.

the skins, tho.  SO hard to find.  no categories. or sub categories on those things in MP.  i'm hitting those brands you mentioned right now and grabbing demos.  :)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bloodsong Termagant said:

i had a play with the freebie lelutka heads.  they're pretty nice.  love the elf ears.

i just got the logo freebie heads, and i'm having a LOT more luck with noel.  also, the logo heads are mod.  (i had the freebie chase head from logo, it has served me well.)  i'll be trying other head shapes from them.
   i did try to look at their MP just recently, and was really disappointed.  but when i got to the main store for the event, i was surprised to see WAY more heads than were on MP.

the skins, tho.  SO hard to find.  no categories. or sub categories on those things in MP.  i'm hitting those brands you mentioned right now and grabbing demos.  :)

Yay, I'm glad you found a head you like! 

As for skins, yeahhh, they can be very hard to find on the marketplace. I never shop there for skins unless I'm hunting down old gachas. Try in-world - you'll find a much larger recent selection. I believe all of those places are easily found in the in-world Search, but let me know if you need any SLURLs.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Bloodsong Termagant said:

i found some head skins i like at gloom.  but the tint i like is for 'velour' which i think only makes female skins?  or 'eros' tints, but i cannot find an eros skin store anywhere :/

do you know about those brands?

I do! Velour does make male skins. The Eros line can be found in the same store as the female skins if I'm not mistaken, unless they moved the shop slightly. It'll be in the same sim, though.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/seutaseong/52426326453/in/dateposted/

There should be a link to the store there - if it doesn't work, lemme know and I'll grab an updated link in-world.

Edit: I was heading in-world anyway. Here's the correct link - http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/VELOUR/87/125/83

When you land, turn to the right and you'll see Velour Homme. Male skins are in there.

Edited by Ayashe Ninetails
Added stuffs
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Bloodsong Termagant said:

You have the LOGO Noel head. Scroll a bit in the folder of the head and you will find 5 different tones of body skin, head layer & ear layer. These can be used to start up your alt, but also, in special the head layers & ear layers on other evo x enabled heads like the AK ADVX/AK EVOX heads of Akeruka, LeLUTKA, LOGO (called LOGOX). Secondary, the Chase head, which was a gift at the time without inclusion of skins has been updated to an EVO X enabled head, but does come without any skins: copy/paste or use the body skin, head & ear layers of the Noel Head into the Chase folder.

• 2 weeks later...

thanks a bunch for the slurl, ayashe!  that made it SO much easier to find the stuff!  now i have lots of demos... i didn't look at the pricetags, though :X

On 1/1/2024 at 7:35 PM, Love Zhaoying said:

From the title, I thought this thread was about something morbid!

ohh...  sorry to disappoint you, LZ  :)

lexxi... i'm not 100% sure which piccie you're pointing to.  but the last one in that part of the post...  is kinda too dark and too small for me to tell :/

i think i'm liking the velour/eros brownie/mocha combo.    are the eros skins only 300?  or is that some kinda sale going on :X  guess i better make up my mind fast!

thanks, everybody!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Bloodsong Termagant said:

i think i'm liking the velour/eros brownie/mocha combo.    are the eros skins only 300?  or is that some kinda sale going on :X  guess i better make up my mind fast!

thanks, everybody!

Body skins are generally going to be cheaper than heads. Don't quote me now, but I'm pretty sure 300L sounds about right for a body skin at Velour. 

As for prices, keep your eyes on weekend sales on https://www.seraphimsl.com/ (Happy Weekend in particular, but perhaps Manly Weekend, TMD, and Saturday Sale, too). You can find a buuuunnnnch of discounted head skins for about 50L-100L that way!

Edit! Almost forgot, ack! You're very welcome! 😂

Edit edit: Forgot Manly has its own portal...

https://www.manlysl.com/manly-weekend/

Edited by Ayashe Ninetails
Added stuffs

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 112 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.