50% rule on protected land?

CossetteAlarie

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 260 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

29 minutes ago, CossetteAlarie said:

I have two parcels where neighbors have trees (branches/leaves) coming in like 5 to 6 meters into the parcel. branches come through the building. There is no way to return those it seems? I wrote both of the "encroachers" and one wrote and said they don't do SL anymore and I can just return it, and no reply from the other. It mean literally you could have a 64 meter tree coming across 1 meter up from the ground and as long at the trunk isn't on somebody else's property the leaves branches are no problem.

If the branches are coming through your walls, it's a problem. If you can grab part of the tree with Edit, you can return it. Enabling Show Transparent might help. If you're using Firestorm, you can also derender items you don't want to see. ( I'm assuming the branches are phantom, so they don't physically obstruct movement.)

43 minutes ago, CossetteAlarie said:

I have two parcels where neighbors have trees (branches/leaves) coming in like 5 to 6 meters into the parcel. branches come through the building. There is no way to return those it seems? I wrote both of the "encroachers" and one wrote and said they don't do SL anymore and I can just return it, and no reply from the other. It mean literally you could have a 64 meter tree coming across 1 meter up from the ground and as long at the trunk isn't on somebody else's property the leaves branches are no problem.

I don't see why you can't return them if you actually see branches on your land, but maybe they are rooted in such a way that you can't, in which case you will have to file a ticket and wait...six months...nine months...until you finally go to a Concierge meeting and complain directly to a Linden.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CossetteAlarie said:

someone was kind enough to stop by the parcel to check it out and it has something to do with (as i understand) an SL bug and "legacy" trees.

I'm currently dealing with a similar issue, a "legacy" tree that is very clearly encroaching on my land and clipping through the roof of my house. Yet whenever I try to return it, I get a notification saying that the system does not allow me to do that. Luckily I was able to move my house out of the way and ignore the tree's existence, easier than filing a support ticket and waiting for weeks for it to be removed.

I hope you find a way to build around or over the tree. If not, a support ticket might be the only way to solve the issue.

Edited by Clem Marques

11 minutes ago, Clem Marques said:

I'm currently dealing with a similar issue, a "legacy" tree that is very clearly encroaching on my land and clipping through the roof of my house. Yet whenever I try to return it, I get a notification saying that the system does not allow me to do that. Luckily I was able to move my house out of the way and ignore the tree's existence, easier than filing a support ticket and waiting for weeks for it to be removed.

I hope you find a way to build around or over the tree. If not, a support ticket might be the only way to solve the issue.

They are pretty fast, one time there was a linden tree encroaching on one of my ad parcels, someone dropped by a couple of days after I submitted a ticket and removed it 😁

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

They are pretty fast, one time there was a linden tree encroaching on one of my ad parcels, someone dropped by a couple of days after I submitted a ticket and removed it 😁

Oh really? Good to know. I will give that a shot then. Thanks.

Oh, yeah.  The Linden trees almost do not exist in the simulator where they are but a point.  All the visible structure is merely a viewer effect almost like a particle effect with no grabbable face by which to move or return them.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 260 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.