AV keeps moving regardless if AO is on or not

Para Denimore

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 235 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

My AV keeps moving with or without AO on. I have removed Vista AO, updated AO  used every option in avatar health, rest skeleton , skeleton animations, taken off and readded complete AV, and looed at AO movement in development . it just shows numbers at top position. the system would  not let me add a Gayzo or a SL picture

3 hours ago, Para Denimore said:

it is walking  i did revoke permissions   , stop animations  , undeform and all other options under

There is some furniture and Animations HUDs out there, running some pretty evil animation scripts, as i would call them.
No matter if you get up from the furniture, or teleport away, no matter if you do a restart or reset animations. the avatar will keep moving/dancing/bouncing. 

My workaround is to never accept  hug or dance invitations anymore. and in the rare cases i should happen to sit on such a "evil" furniture, i make sure to select a pose that doesnt animate my bento before i get up.

Maybe try to remember where you have been before. Go back to that place, sit on that same furniture and choose a static animation if possible.

Are we absolutely confident you're not pressing any keys? you say movement as in walking... that to me implies moving forward/back/left/right, the only way for these to be triggered is by an key input as far as I know.

Are you actually moving or is it just a walking animation being played? Do you notice any strangeness outside of firestorm? might be a faulty keyboard.

Edited by AmeliaJ08

1 hour ago, Rowan Amore said:

Since you're a new forum user, you've used up your daily posts so until tomorrow when we can get more info, try cleaning your keyboard.  If you use wireless devices, change the batteries.  

Oh wow I had no idea that was a thing. That's a very silly thing to have active on a forum like this where users come for help!

• Like 5

With all add-on AOs removed your viewer will use the SL default animations.

If the viewer is confused about what your avatar is doing, it can play the wrong animation. Often a walk animation will play after standing up or crossing a region boundary when you have stopped walking. You may have to take a step or turn to get the avatar and animations back in sync. In the Firestorm Viewer you can press Ctrl-S to resync animations.

Some Experiences will impose odd behavior.

Some terrain or mesh floors will cause problems.

You haven't given us enough information to figure out the actual problem. So... we are all guessing.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Para Denimore said:

it seems like an AO movement. Walking in a small area  meandering.  Vista AO is off. and I believe firestorm AO is off

Firestorm AO would have a tick next to the button if it was active.

Definitely sounds like some script is acting on you though if it's AO type movement and not actual walking forward/back/left/right. Stop anims and revoke perms would usually fix any misbehaving script and the fact it persists between logins means whatever it is you have it attached and it should be visible in the 'Worn' tab of inventory if you expand all the items in there.

I think I figured it out.  In preferences   under the chat tab CmdLine      Turning on/off AO (usage: cmd on/off) I used the cao command in local chat and it seems to have solved the problem. Apparently  the firestorm AO got turned on some how. seems to be back to normal working great.  thank yall for your suggestions and help.  It is greatly appreciated.

• Like 4

Well i thought I had found the problem    Seems it has returned. The Av Is moving as if meandering / walking in a small area in a circle as if it is an AO movement,

What i am suing / wearing:  Firestorm viewer, Gianni body, Catwa HP pro George head, Vista Gerard AO

What U have done: Removed Vista AO, updated AO,  used every option in avatar health, stopped animations, stopped animations and revoked permissions , undeformed avatar, rest skeleton ,reset  skeleton animations, rebake,  & refreshed attachments     AV  taken off completely and readded,  looked at AO movement in development and worn tab  found nothing unusual.   Began removing all attachments and  body parts one by one.   Movement did stop when i removed Catwa head  Did a complete tutorial of head  found nothing wrong or anything that could cause Av to move.  Did turn off head movements. that froze the AV rigid . Did not appear to be causing unwanted AV movement. did ctrl + S  to sync movements . Did not help. keyboard is not working properly.  Did try SL Official  viewer. m\made no Difference AV still moving . Av still walking meandering slowly in small circle. Checked Firestorm A it is not on and  no animations are even loaded into it.   HAs been doing this for a week  I have tried different sims an places makes no difference. 

Can you take a video to demonstrate the movement? Gyazo is a good tool for this, lets you capture a short video. It should be possible to tell if it's an animation or actual movement input. If we've ruled everything out as far as AO scripts and you've definitely got nothing like that attached/firestorm AO is not active then it kinda points to keyboard input particularly since you say it is happening in other viewers also.

You say keyboard is not working properly... I think we've got the culprit. Sticky keys? do you use WSAD for movement or arrow keys?

Edited by AmeliaJ08

Which Vista AO do you use?

It's completely normal for modern AOs to continue working even after you detach them! This is documented and intended behavior for the script command llSetAnimationOverride. The AO will keep working after the script is detached, unless the script turns them off at the same time.

To make it stop, detach the scripted AO and stop animations from the "Avatar Health" menu. (If that somehow doesn't work or you can't find the menu, relog while the AO is detached, and don't put it back on.)

Firestorm's built-in AO doesn't use scripts and it won't keep playing animations if you turn it off.

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator

33 minutes ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

Which Vista AO do you use?

It's completely normal for modern AOs to continue working even after you detach them! This is documented and intended behavior for the script command llSetAnimationOverride. The AO will keep working after the script is detached, unless the script turns them off at the same time.

To make it stop, detach the scripted AO and stop animations from the "Avatar Health" menu. (If that somehow doesn't work or you can't find the menu, relog while the AO is detached, and don't put it back on.)

Firestorm's built-in AO doesn't use scripts and it won't keep playing animations if you turn it off.

They mentioned they have done this, stopped animations and revoked perms etc with no effect. Also said that it is persisting throughout different logins, different viewers too.

This is a confusing one, that's definitely AO so we can rule out the sticky keyboard thing.

screen shot of items worn before removing AO Vista Gerard     https://gyazo.com/8bfd1847f200631edab81662e7e4acbf

i did remove the AO  and stop animations and revoked permissions Relogged without AO attached   had no effect  AV still moving  same. Once relogged with out AO attached revoked permissions once again  Still no change AV still moving as if AOwas attached and on

Well this a very confusing one.

I wonder if a post in the tech support forum might get more attention? looking at your Worn tab I see nothing that would be doing that other than the AO you mentioned. Some of those wizards might have a good way of tracking down what is actually playing those animations.

Edited by AmeliaJ08

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 235 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.