Ebody Trouble with Tummy + Backside

Mia Nebula

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 212 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So, I'm trying to do a pregnancy shape with Ebody. However, anytime I increase the size of my stomach, it equally increases the size of my, ahem, backside. I've tried to counter it with deformers, but they provide like minimal help, if any. I'm really at a loss as to what to do. Anyone have any suggestions or explanations? I also tried to increase stomach size via body fat, but still ended up with the same problem. Just for the record my backside slider is set to 0, always because backside normally is too big for me.

For a good pregnant look you normally use mods instead of doing it via the shape since usually increasing belly size doesn't really work well enough. Reborn is pretty famous for being quite difficult to tame!

Trouble is with mods you're going to need special clothing to fit etc so I know it isn't a great option.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Mia Nebula said:

anytime I increase the size of my stomach, it equally increases the size of my, ahem, backside

This is a problem with the SL slider system, not of the body itself.

As mentioned above, you can use deformers to help counterbalance the problem. I've actually created a custom deformer set for Reborn (mainly to cater towards my tastes) which further reduces the butt size, reduces breast size and increases the belly size a little.

Send me a DM in-world if you'd like a copy.

• Like 1

Thanks for the responses, everyone!

So, I have tried with the Bork Mommy Mode add-on. The challenge there is almost no one is designing for it and out of the few who are, I've actually bought stuff from them but it is not to my personal style or quality for the most part. I purchased a pair of shorts that sent my complexity skyrocketing, which was tragic because I was hoping to lean on some of that designers stuff during the pregnancy but it seems to be poorly optimized. 

I'm also already using a number of deformers to decrease the size of my backside, I own most of the popular ones on the market, but I've reached the point where they also do not seem to help.

And I've tried using a baby mod like HOC that changes the size of your stomach with the pregnancy but I think that seems to increase the trouble with my shape so I've turned off the growth option on the HUD.

I just wanted to clarify that the issue was with the slider system and not a result of anything I was failing to do or figure out. Mostly because I mentioned it to a friend who has been in SL longer than I have and they seemed baffled it would do that.. so I wanted to double check it wasn't just me messing up.

23 minutes ago, Janet Voxel said:

I know this really isn’t going to make you feel better, but I just have to say it. Have to! When you’re pregnant….your butt gets bigger.

Also…BoM clothes should work.

Of course, but it shouldn’t triple in size compared to my body and shape. It isn't very realistic. And I have tried some BoM clothing, but they're not for me. Thanks for your suggestions though.

1 hour ago, Mia Nebula said:

Of course, but it shouldn’t triple in size compared to my body and shape. It isn't very realistic. And I have tried some BoM clothing, but they're not for me. Thanks for your suggestions though.

I mean the thing is, it’s Secondlife. You’re doing something very hacky to approximate a thing that wrecks your body in real life. The thing that tells you you’re pregnant….hacky. Changing your shape…..hacky. Getting an addon….hacky. Finding clothes to fit after you did those hacks…. Limited.

You have a couple of choices, none of them are ideal. To do a thing that will only last about a month. Which isn’t very realistic. 

You just have to live with your options.

• Like 1

If you want to go all out, Zooby sells the Love Momma mesh body.  It does have some fairly good support as far as clothing goes.  Not a lot but Thalia Heckroth does more conservative clothing for it.   It's kind of pricey for a body but it's a lot more interactive than other pregnancy bodies I've seen.  Demo is available at the Zooby store.

dfe1614a7c2df945fad8a11a8e211aea.thumb.png.33399290140192071baf88f88d5faf5d.png

• Like 1

Can I get geeky and ask a question: does anyone know exactly why the butt is increasing in size when the belly slider is adjusted though? I always thought Reborn had its own butt 'bone'. Then again Maitreya doesn't even use that bone yet the butt slider definitely makes the butt bigger so who knows how all of that works, I'm guessing it's something to do with the default weights though.

50 minutes ago, AmeliaJ08 said:

Can I get geeky and ask a question: does anyone know exactly why the butt is increasing in size when the belly slider is adjusted though? I always thought Reborn had its own butt 'bone'. Then again Maitreya doesn't even use that bone yet the butt slider definitely makes the butt bigger so who knows how all of that works, I'm guessing it's something to do with the default weights though.

I think you’re on the right track. In layman’s terms, as the stomach pushes forward, the butt toots back. Its most likely because they share the pelvis bone. So adding weight to the belly affects the butt too.

13 hours ago, Janet Voxel said:

I think you’re on the right track. In layman’s terms, as the stomach pushes forward, the butt toots back. Its most likely because they share the pelvis bone. So adding weight to the belly affects the butt too.

Ahh, I always thought Reborn had its own buttbone :) I know a big complaint about Maitreya is that it doesn't use this bone and instead uses the pelvis, I'll have to run this experiment and make my belly big to see if this is the same.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 212 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.