Help

RhiannaReach

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 214 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

7 hours ago, Orwar said:

It doesn't matter in which order you put on a skin and a tattoo, skins are always the bottommost layer, tattoo layers always go on top of the skin. If you yourself find the way in which layers work confusing, perhaps you shouldn't try to tout a brand that diverges from convention as a solution to learning how it actually works. It's a perfectly simple process once you grasp it, and the sooner you set yourself up against that challenge, the sooner it will become clear. 

[snip]

I generally prefer Nuve skins for my female avatars, which uses body skins on the skin layer, face skins on the tattoo layer. Some skin creators put body skins on the tattoo layer though, so in that case it would matter in what order - or what hierarchy - those tattoo layers are placed. 

I usually use a Valour body skin and a matching tattoo layer face skin on my male avatar, but sometime I like one particular old full-body system layer skin from Belleza on him too, because it makes him look middle-aged better than adding wrinkles on a tattoo or materials layer does.

I still use 7DS skins on my female avatars sometimes too. Having slightly less facial definition and not having highly detailed, painted on genitalia isn't always that important. I'm personally not a fan of Wow! skins, but some people like them, and I don't think it's my place to ridicule them for liking a different kind of avatar appearance than I do.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, RhiannaReach said:

Thank you so much everyone. I have a lelutka head and maitreya body. Everything is OK until I try to put on the skin which came from Lure. When I put on the body, excellent, when I then add the head it shows where the neck and head meet. A lovely lady talked me through but I still can't get it to work. I have BOM on and I'm not wearing any alphas as she suggested. I'm doing something wrong but can I hell find out what!!!! 

First, as suggested, switch off materials on the head and body. Then, if the neckline is still visible, change your environment settings to either Default, CAWL or the Nam's Optimal Skins (one of the 3 listed is fine). If you have still that line, most skin vendors do have in their stores neckfades.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

I generally prefer Nuve skins for my female avatars, which uses body skins on the skin layer, face skins on the tattoo layer. Some skin creators put body skins on the tattoo layer though, so in that case it would matter in what order - or what hierarchy - those tattoo layers are placed. 

Oh, for .. 

baby-facepalm.gif

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 214 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.