LaQ Heads Era 2 ... imminent?

Dorientje Woller

On 2/7/2024 at 2:56 PM, Dorientje Woller said:

"The anticipation is nearly at its end! Era2 is set to launch this weekend, and among its thrilling features is the inclusion of not one, but three UV maps: Standard UV, EvoX UV, and our own cutting-edge Supreme UHD.
Engineered by seasoned skin designers, Supreme UHD showcases unparalleled texture smoothness and detail optimization. With expanded details in key facial areas, achieving flawless skin details has never been easier. 
Stay tuned for more previews and further details on the event timing!"

Below the skin options: 

Era2_SupremeHD.png

flawless skin??  not impressed by the blackheads. lol

I was messing with the head a little today..

I can see there is going to be a lot of alpha glitching with built in hair base and whatever is going on with the forehead that was glitching with my windows and walls that have transparency in them

I remember the built in hair base with the genus heads and just not liking that very much at all because of the glitching..

It would have probably been better to add something like a mesh scalpz in the folder like what unorthodox uses for their hairs, rather than built into the head..

Whatever is going on with the forehead, was also glitching with my bangs..

I didn't really dive in too much deeper than that.. But can already tell it's not going to be for me..

That's just me though and where I am at today with trying out heads..

I'm at the point now that doing work arounds and things to make a head work for me, is just not my thing anymore..

Once I get to a spot that won't work for me ,I just stop there because it's no point in me to keep going.

If a head isn't gonna pull me off my Lilly , then I'm not going to get it or use it..

I have too many heads sitting on the shelf already as it is.. hehehe

• Like 2

On 2/12/2024 at 5:55 AM, Ze Helix said:

<snip> The BoM button for the eyes didn't seem to work. <snip>

I had this problem yesterday and asked in the group.  Apparently you have to remove the mesh eyes to get the system eyes to show.  As far as I can tell, this also disables the ability to resize or reposition the eyes, since you're not wearing the LAQ eyes (I may be incorrect on that last bit).

I actually bought it at the group price (I collect heads and bodies; it's a sickness :P ); I can't say I'll be using it at this point.  The BOM eye issue has me cranky, especially as any other head that enables moving/ resizing of eyes ALSO enables it with BOM... but that's definitely a "me" thing and others' mileage may totally vary.

I'll still take it out to play with it.  It's good to know what's out there :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 2/13/2024 at 11:35 AM, Ajay McDowwll said:

I had this problem yesterday and asked in the group.  Apparently you have to remove the mesh eyes to get the system eyes to show.  As far as I can tell, this also disables the ability to resize or reposition the eyes, since you're not wearing the LAQ eyes (I may be incorrect on that last bit).

I actually bought it at the group price (I collect heads and bodies; it's a sickness :P ); I can't say I'll be using it at this point.  The BOM eye issue has me cranky, especially as any other head that enables moving/ resizing of eyes ALSO enables it with BOM... but that's definitely a "me" thing and others' mileage may totally vary.

I'll still take it out to play with it.  It's good to know what's out there :)

To get bom to work with the eyes, you have to  remove the LAQ mesh eyes? o0

It will disable the ability to resize or do anything with the eyes , because the mesh eyes can't interact with the hud if they aren't worn..

This sounds like the mesh eyes are either not bom or they need fixed or something..

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

To get bom to work with the eyes, you have to  remove the LAQ mesh eyes? o0

It will disable the ability to resize or do anything with the eyes , because the mesh eyes can't interact with the hud if they aren't worn..

This sounds like the mesh eyes are either not bom or they need fixed or something..

Yeah, as I said, it breaks any functionality of the eyes because... well, you're not wearing them.

I'm really not sure what the rationale was, other than "let's make EVERYONE wear applier eyes!"  I'm sure that's not it, to be honest... but if you want your eyes to look reasonable (BOM eyes in their native state have a much larger appearance to the iris), you'll have to.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ajay McDowwll said:

Yeah, as I said, it breaks any functionality of the eyes because... well, you're not wearing them.

I'm really not sure what the rationale was, other than "let's make EVERYONE wear applier eyes!"  I'm sure that's not it, to be honest... but if you want your eyes to look reasonable (BOM eyes in their native state have a much larger appearance to the iris), you'll have to.

To me it looks more like they based a lot on the eyes being animated than anything else..

I just didn't understand why they had what looks like Bom options in the eye section of the hud.. Unless maybe later they plan on adding those or there is some trick to getting them Bom now..

All I got was the demo and  there is a note card in there, but it's blank.. So I'm mostly in the dark on a lot of it.. hehehe

Edited by Ceka Cianci

Issues with the head that need a fix on the EVO X version:

- ears or one ear not reverting to human form after using the elf ears option

- mouth corners don't move with the position of the mouth in such way that if you put your mouth low that you look like the joker. You have to position the mouth nearly into the nose to have a descent looking mouth.

- sometimes texturing of the head layers on the ear instead of the ear layers.

- the alpha layer that the head uses is way too big or doesn't use the correct channel. really visible when you hide scalp without a hairset or if you haven't add the ear layer to the head. metthinks is also the main reason why the alpha crashing of the ears happen on so many hairsets.

- another reason why there are so many issues with this head may be the fact that there is only one hud for all the head versions without a selection option for which version of head you are using the hud. LeLUTKA & LOGO X provides such selection in their huds. Although, GA.EG, which is using a same kind of system like LaQ doesn't suffer from this. Might be a scripting issue or the hud isn't to task to handle 3 versions of a head.

Edited by Dorientje Woller
  • Thanks 2

Another point of the head that I don't like and irritates me is that the upper teeth aren't moving during animations. Best noticable when having the talking animations on. Upper teeth remain at the same position. Very unnatural, in my opinion. LOGO & LeLUTKA have this too, but this isn't so profound as it is with LaQ. Akerukas teeth move when talking.

Edited by Dorientje Woller
  • Confused 1

On 2/18/2024 at 9:35 PM, Dorientje Woller said:

Another point of the head that I don't like and irritates me is that the upper teeth aren't moving during animations. Best noticable when having the talking animations on. Upper teeth remain at the same position. Very unnatural, in my opinion. LOGO & LeLUTKA have this too, but this isn't so profound as it is with LaQ. Akerukas teeth move when talking.

Your teeth don't move in real life when you are talking, since the upper teeth are fixed at your skull, means they only look "moving" because you move your head and your lips. The only teeths that can move while talking by their own are the lower ones within your chin.

Edited by Leyalin Laval
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...