Invisible prim not showing up in wireframe ... help!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 266 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I bought a new piece of furniture last night from the amazing Fourth Wall. Made the mistake of editing linked and unlinking it all, the realized I could achieve the same  effect with William's help by simply using transparency on the part I wanted to hide, thanks William! Of course, that meant deleting the first instance 'd rezzed and rezzing a second. Cool, no problem. However ...

I am now bumping into and standing on an invisible prim in the middle of my living room I can't see, edit, touch, or seemingly delete. I've tried turning on wireframe rendering but don't see any object in that mode. I can't find it in area search either.

Tips on how to find and delete this invisible box that's now invaded my home? Thanks!

Edited by Katherine Heartsong

Could the original piece of furniture be ghosted?  That would explain what you're describing, including the invisible object's not showing up in wireframe or area search.

I'd suggest restarting the region if you can (or asking an estate manager or LL to restart it for you if you can't) to see if that fixes it.  

Edited by Innula Zenovka
  • Thanks 2

Area search by creator-name or by objects a certain distance from you would be the way I'd go, but only after I'd tried to edit-drag the cursor all around me to capture as many rezzed objects as possible for me to zoom in and examine properly. 

I would also go to a sandbox quite likely, if it were me, because I'm curious this way, and do the same thing all over again; rez the full object and then unlink it, and then capture it all in a click-drag edit screen to see exactly how many discrete objects there are to the thing in total and if they all have the same creator name.  It would give me a better indication of what to look for in the Area Search back home.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Innula Zenovka said:

Could the original piece of furniture be ghosted?  That would explain what you're describing, including the invisible object's not showing up in wireframe or area search.

I'd suggest restarting the region if you can (or asking an estate manager or LL to restart it for you if you can't) to see if that fixes it.  

It's mainland (Bjorn) so not sure I can. Based on the screenshot below, that must be the cause ... nothing shows up in transparent. I'm on top of whatever it is in the screenshot and there's nothing showing in the CTRL-ALT-T mode as shown.

2 minutes ago, Marvin Benelli said:

Did you try the area search using creator is Fourth Wall?

I did, yes. Nothing.

invisible.png.36b08cd742905f79fc2f8af3b5bdb064.png

Maybe the missing mesh bug? I've seen it a few times in more recent firestorm releases, mesh items that are there in that they seem to have physics but are invisible... don't show up, don't even appear in Area Search.

Often a relog or moving out and into the region makes them appear. I encounter it most often in busy stores but it seems to happen all over the place occasionally.

Edited by AmeliaJ08
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So it was the missing mesh bug? Hmm... it appeared a couple of versions back, I remember it getting some attention then and it still seems to exist even in the latest release but not sure if there has been any progress. I encounter it rarely but most often when I'm in a store and I know there is things missing on racks/shelves etc but it does make me wonder if it's happening all over the place and I just don't notice, I have never seen it in my home though.

It's almost like the viewer gives up loading at some point but you do find that the missing items seem physical, you can bump into them etc but there's no other indication the viewer is aware of them, they don't seem to show up as anything other than their physics mesh.

Edited by AmeliaJ08
  • Like 1

BTW, there are just too many amazing furniture and decor stores in SL .. sigh :) After fixing this I dashed over to BAZAR and spent L there too.

(And don't ask how many Trompe and Scarlet Creative homes/buildings in total I own. I'd need an intervention.)

Edited by Katherine Heartsong
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

BTW, there are just too many amazing furniture and decor stores in SL .. sigh :) After fixing this I dashed over to BAZAR and spent L there too.

(And don't ask how many Trompe and Scarlet Creative homes/buildings in total I own. I'd need an intervention.)

I used to go through moods where I'd just destroy my entire house setup and rebuild/redecorate everything every few weeks because I had so much damn furniture in different styles. It's been a LONG time now since I've done that because in the last round, I borrowed a ton of outdoor landscaping mesh kit stuffs from my friend and went absolutely HAM designing a beautiful outdoor space in the sky - hills and waterfalls and ponds and trees and grass and flowers and plants and sound effects and a cozy ocean view. I'd feel bad returning 324824 landscaping objects back to her inventory, so for now, I'm kind of set...

I'd be lying if I said I didn't think about doing a mass return anyway and creating a neon vaporwave lounge up there instead. 👀 I've got all the stuff for it.

Edited by Ayashe Ninetails
Grammaring
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 266 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.