BENTO armature rigging bone with SecondLife

KentDavis Edman

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 240 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

17 hours ago, KentDavis Edman said:

I don't know where find one.

The workbench files are what you are looking for. The link in AmeliaJ08's post above takes you to the files.

The AvaStar people assembled the pieces available from the Lab's files. They assembled them and distributed them as Workbench files.

To get just the armature (aka bones) you'll need to remove the avatar body. The armature in the Workbench files is the ONLY armature used in SL.

38 minutes ago, KentDavis Edman said:

Yes correct I don't need Avastar.

Where can I get download everything face, foot, tail, hand, wing and etc because of SecondLife and OSGrid?

20 hours ago, AmeliaJ08 said:

.blend and collada files here: https://www.avalab.org/avatar-workbench/

Really LL, it's pretty inexcusable that the official Second Life Wiki Bento page does not have the full armature for download and you have to find the above. There's even files noted as broken on the official Wiki!

2 hours ago, KentDavis Edman said:

Miss read previous message. I told I don't accept Blender 2.79b. Please find recent new Blender 3.4 and up. I never accept Blender 2.79b and previous any more.

3 hours ago, Raindrop Drinkwater said:

You don't need Avastar to use the avatar workbench files. It's a simple blend file. It can be opened in Blender 3.6.3.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, KentDavis Edman said:

Ameria, I see and I got download and I can tell there is too old out of date version. Download still Blender 2.79b and I delete it.

Need to find recent like 2022 not 2017. That why SL lot change update.

There is no 2022 or 2023 version because the SL system avatar and armature have not changed since these 2017 files were created.

I am not sure what you think is out of date. I SUSPECT you are downloading the "plain" workbench files, which do not have the Bento bones i.e., wings, hind legs, etc. Scroll down the page and download the Bento Meshes versions that AmeliaJ08 is pointing you to.

image.thumb.png.4a0c646d2baf1cf2aaccd2de6468bc21.png

There is nothing else that is newer. You can chase down the Lab's versions of these files, also 2017. But last time I used those files I had to piece the avatar together. Take our word for it. The Workbench files are a better choice and contain everything there is.

The avatar has NOT changed since 2017. So there are no newer files.

If you are thinking there are Lab files with the other bodies, (Maitreya, Reborn, etc.) there are not. All other bodies are proprietary and you get those from the body designers. But, they ALL use the same 2017 armature.

There is hope that the latest bodies for new users will be released by the Lab. But I don't recall that having happened yet. And they WILL/DO USE the 2017 armature.

Or... you can keep looking for something that does not exist.

Edited by Nalates Urriah
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 240 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.