How to wear a coat over a top on Lara Maitreya?

Dexsey

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 262 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi...Sorry but why isn't there an outer layer choice? Not just Tattoo/Underwear/clothes? Also I can't figure out how to wear a long top over my jeans without my jeans poking thru. I'd appreciate any help....Thanks yall smart ones...Dexsey

Usually what I do if I have a jacket or coat I want to wear, I find a close-fitting sleeveless shirt to go under it, and pair that with BOM jeans. There's a lot of them around.

Edit to add: Not every long top will fit over every pair of jeans, unfortunately. You have to just try them one by one until you hit the right combination.

Edited by Annie McGregor
  • Like 4

It all depends on the individual clothing items. You might get lucky and nothing clips, more often than not it will.

Look for full outfits of items designed to be worn together. Some individual coats and jackets also do give a little room (the good ones anyway) for items to be worn underneath but unfortunately you just have to demo things and find out what fits, same applies for tops.

I have a few that I love since they fit over a lot of my other favorite tops but they're jackets, not long coats. The layer thing is irrelevant really, that's for BOM stuff.

Edited by AmeliaJ08
  • Like 4

It is likely that clothes from different creators will clip. The suggestion of BOM pants is good. I also buy coats/jackets that has an inner top built in. Many such items have a HUD where you can turn off the top so it is not visible, if you find another top you can use.

Try demos of new mesh pants with your tops and coats. Look for pants without belts and back pockets, or pants where such items can be turned off in a HUD. Mesh pants that sit tight around the hips and back, like leggings, are more likely to fit under tops and jackets.

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 2

The tattoo, underwear and clothing layers are only used for applier clothes and tattoos. I use Bakes On Mesh instead of appliers, so I'd use BOM layers for tattoos and some underwear, tank tops or camisoles, then mesh clothing over that. Coats or Jackets may sometimes include a shirt or bra with an option to hide it or change the texture. Otherwise it will be hard to find mesh clothing that doesn't show through mesh outerwear.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 262 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.