Flashing textures

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 265 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi all, I was at HiVid store and started to see yellow and blue flashing and moving textures:

Firestorm-Releasex64 6.6.8.68380 - Liaa Nova (gyazo.com)

The only way I could make it stop was to low draw distance from 200 to 64. Someone else in the store couldn't see it, it was very much a me problem!

Graphics driver is up to date

Someone in Firestorm support said they'd had the same issue but in a club so just thought it was lag

Any ideas pls?

5 hours ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

That's someone's rigged mesh, you can tell from the movement. The yellow texture specifically is a BOM placeholder.

But when worn -  as it apparently seems to be -... how come BoM didn't kick in...

can it be a rezzed animeshed item that was supposed to be a body part?

• Like 1

A distant animesh object could do it. That would make it not "a me problem" other than you might have a longer draw distance than anybody who doesn't see it (or just be closer to the object). I wonder if it's possible to select this thing and find out what it is—and who owns it. It could be merely a rendering artifact of some sort, but I'd avoid that conclusion unless many people have seen it happening in other settings.

ETA: There's definitely animesh kinda nearby. Here's the scene just outside the store which in the original scene would be behind the wall on the right:

image.png.f9b8e8b79f2e4b8cd66fd8d33ed03a17.png

The yellow and pink guys are the same shape, and from the pink triangle remaining you can see how badly the meshes degrade with LoD. That might have something to do with it. None of this explains the BoM texture though, so maybe this animesh stuff is only a coincidence.

Edited by Qie Niangao
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Liaa Nova said:

Is there anything that can be done? It's happened with a skin texture too

It's usually because SL is being slow to rez things. That can be on your end of their end and is related to connection speed/quality.

Have you rebooted your router lately? it's no silver bullet but sometimes they really benefit from it, SL is pretty hard on them.

7 hours ago, Qie Niangao said:

A distant animesh object could do it. That would make it not "a me problem" other than you might have a longer draw distance than anybody who doesn't see it (or just be closer to the object). I wonder if it's possible to select this thing and find out what it is—and who owns it. It could be merely a rendering artifact of some sort, but I'd avoid that conclusion unless many people have seen it happening in other settings.

ETA: There's definitely animesh kinda nearby. Here's the scene just outside the store which in the original scene would be behind the wall on the right:

image.png.f9b8e8b79f2e4b8cd66fd8d33ed03a17.png

The yellow and pink guys are the same shape, and from the pink triangle remaining you can see how badly the meshes degrade with LoD. That might have something to do with it. None of this explains the BoM texture though, so maybe this animesh stuff is only a coincidence.

Yeah nobody else could see it but I fofund one girl in the FS support group who'd had the same thing happen but in a club and she'd just put it down to lag. I can't click on it to see any info, the yellow does look like the yellow on whatever that is outside, have seen it look like skin too and also blue like many things in there

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 265 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.