Keeping an object from being return to inventory from protected land

Impresario Beaumont

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 301 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm working on a script that moves my avatar around protected mainland waterways. it works fine, except of course if I get off the transport object, SL returns the object to my lost and found folder after a short interval. I expected that to happen, however, I see other objects with no attached avatars doing similar travel without being removed by the simulator.

Does anyone know how that's done?

automated vehicle systems typically map the route (gather parcel properties not available to LSL scripts like auto-return time) and make this information available to the system vehicle as it runs

the system vehicle is designed to traverse the parcel before the parcel auto-return kicks in

• Like 4

Those vehicles might be using the YavaScript Pod Guided Tour system.  The system is available on Marketplace in Yavanna Llanfair's Marketplace Store.

I love those pod vehicles whizzing around Mainland and that the vehicles change when the terrain changes.  This is a video of a boat tour on Protected Water using the YavaScripts.

Have fun scripting tours.  They are a nice way to explore Mainland 🥰

• Like 1

The twenty-minute auto-return interval that @elleevelyn describes is the limiting factor for Mainland proper, but I think there's also another situation in (most of) Zindra: Protected no-object-entry land. Because of these different settings, the roads and waterways that on normal Mainland regions would allow empty vehicles to pass will not permit them on Zindra—but they will allow sat-upon vehicles to enter. But stand up from that vehicle and it will soon vanish, suddenly subject to the no-entry condition.

I've very rarely encountered normal Mainland roads, rails, and waterways to be temporarily set no-object-entry. I suspect that's in response to griefing incidents, and is quickly reverted with a support ticket.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've seen objects stay rezzed for years by moving imperceptibly between two Regions.

Specifically, some user-created content in the area of Luna Oaks Galleria.

It used to be a mystery to me how they did it, then someone explained the objects moved just enough to stay in neither region too long.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 301 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.