MKT2 Item Sale Dist??

MissMachine

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 280 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I'm not sure if this is the right forum to ask in but can anyone tell me if there is a way to find out what a distribution is from? I saw this in my transaction history on my alt account that I hardly ever use. It was for $89L. The person listed on the description is someone I haven't seen in many years and I have no idea what the sale would be or what the distribution would be for. There is an order and item # in the description but I have no idea how to search what it is from.

Source: Commerce Linden
MKT2 Item Sale Dist

TIA

6 answers to this question

I don't think there's a direct way to find out, especially considering how long it has been. If the other person is still in SL, of course, you could simply send an IM to ask. If not, I think all you can do is look at the person's MP store and guess, based on the prices and types of items for sale. If you are lucky and it's a small store, you should be able to narrow the possibilities at least.

5 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

I don't think there's a direct way to find out, especially considering how long it has been. If the other person is still in SL, of course, you could simply send an IM to ask. If not, I think all you can do is look at the person's MP store and guess, based on the prices and types of items for sale. If you are lucky and it's a small store, you should be able to narrow the possibilities at least.

That's the weird thing, the transaction is recent. Like just a few days ago recent. And I tried to search her name on MP and nothing came up. Her inworld profile is completely blank so there are no store links or anything and I don't remember her ever having a store. Welp, I guess it will stay a mystery

The description includes order ID, and more specifically item ID.

The item ID is the product on Marketplace. You can open any product page and replace the numbers after the product name (in the URL) with your mystery item ID to get to its page.

For example, for item ID 6400797:

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/this-part-is-ignored/6400797

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, MissMachine said:

I'm not sure if this is the right forum to ask in but can anyone tell me if there is a way to find out what a distribution is from? I saw this in my transaction history on my alt account that I hardly ever use. It was for $89L. The person listed on the description is someone I haven't seen in many years and I have no idea what the sale would be or what the distribution would be for. There is an order and item # in the description but I have no idea how to search what it is from.

Source: Commerce Linden
MKT2 Item Sale Dist

TIA

is it possibly visible in your order history at MP?

On 8/1/2023 at 3:37 AM, Wulfie Reanimator said:

The description includes order ID, and more specifically item ID.

The item ID is the product on Marketplace. You can open any product page and replace the numbers after the product name (in the URL) with your mystery item ID to get to its page.

For example, for item ID 6400797:

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/this-part-is-ignored/6400797

Thank you! I finally figured it out! 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 280 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.