For groups set to pay to join ... is there a way to verify they actually paid or check group financial records in general?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 320 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am trying to verify in one of the groups I own if someone actually paid to join or had a way to hack their way in. I know one individual that tends to lean towards sketchy things that told me how they could force joining a group. Even bragged about forcing joining a Linden owned group to troll them  I guess. 
I wanted to see if there was a way to verify someone legitimately joined a pay to join group or if they found some sketchy way to join. I can't find a way to check that since money goes to the group and split to the owners. 

Just boot them. If they can worm their way back in, good for them. If they end up having to pay twice because they told a fib, it may serve as a teaching experience. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Orwar said:

Just boot them. If they can worm their way back in, good for them. If they end up having to pay twice because they told a fib, it may serve as a teaching experience. 

I almost did but then I remembered that group money is split at the end of the day I think with group owners. So they may have not done anything sketchy ... I just want to find how I can verify. Seems money records for groups would be somewhere. 

6 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Assume any group owner can add anyone manually and bypass the "pay" requirement.

I can only invite people. If residents had the ability to just add people to their groups, I suspect it would be highly abused. Even Lindens invite you to their groups, such as the exhibitor group for the SLB.

I think the hacker described above was bluffing.

15 hours ago, Sorina Garrigus said:

I am trying to verify in one of the groups I own if someone actually paid to join or had a way to hack their way in. I know one individual that tends to lean towards sketchy things that told me how they could force joining a group. Even bragged about forcing joining a Linden owned group to troll them  I guess. 
I wanted to see if there was a way to verify someone legitimately joined a pay to join group or if they found some sketchy way to join. I can't find a way to check that since money goes to the group and split to the owners. 

If they'd found a vulnerability that allowed that then it'd be the first I'd heard of it. Also if they were to find something like that then joining a LL private group would be about the worst possible way of using your shiny new vulnerability 😂

On the balance of probabilities... someone is most likely telling lies.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 320 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.