SL viewer + Firestorm issues

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 282 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Good day

I wanted to ask since i haven't been able ti find information about this issue.

I have Firestorm installed un my PC, been using it for years.

Now for a special activity i need to use SL viewer. Since i installed it, my Firestorm Is a mess. Lost all my settings, textures don't load well, i cannot go to high graphics without crashing and if i am in an event it quickly sends a message of insuficient graphic memory and crashes.

Does SL viewer messes with Firestorm? Why it doesnt keep my settings? How to have both viewers working correctly (not at the same time)?

Thanks for your comments and help.

7 hours ago, GirasolMx said:

Good day

I wanted to ask since i haven't been able ti find information about this issue.

I have Firestorm installed un my PC, been using it for years.

Now for a special activity i need to use SL viewer. Since i installed it, my Firestorm Is a mess. Lost all my settings, textures don't load well, i cannot go to high graphics without crashing and if i am in an event it quickly sends a message of insuficient graphic memory and crashes.

Does SL viewer messes with Firestorm? Why it doesnt keep my settings? How to have both viewers working correctly (not at the same time)?

Thanks for your comments and help.

You could try a fresh install. As far as I'm aware the two should not interact at all, Firestorm has its own settings and cache folders. You can find Firestorm's settings and cache folders here:

Settings: C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\Firestorm_x64

Cache: C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Local\Firestorm_x64

You may want to try a fresh install since obviously something has happened by using the SL viewer but I'm not sure what that could be since these two folders are the ones Firestorm relies on to work and I assume the SL viewer has similar but separate folders. If you are wanting to back up your settings though then just copy the contents of C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\Firestorm_x64 before uninstalling and reinstalling Firestorm then copy them back into that same folder to restore settings.

Edited by AmeliaJ08
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, GirasolMx said:

Thank you both, i will try the clean install and let you know

I don't suppose you used Firestorms 'backup' feature, Gira ?  Avatar > Prefs > Backup & Restore.  Highly recommended next time its running the way you like. I direct my backups to a folder I created called 'firestorm backup'  but thats optional.

Edited by rasterscan

I would check that your Anti virus whitelisting is still correctly in place. I don't see a reason why the LL viewer would interfere in that regard but what you are describing sounds like one of the many ways that AV and anit-malware systems can interfere with the viewer

Well, i tried the clean install of the most recent version of FS.  It started crashing as soon as i tp'd to a "laggy" sim (Tulum). Next step i did, updating my GPU controllers... bad. Now i cannot take shots inworld with personalized size as i used to in my previous version cause the AMD controller now sends an error. I am trying all the solutions given on the AMD website but yes, all this happened when i installed the official viewer on my PC. Bad thing is i need both of them, each is needed for specific work in SL... if i find a solution i will let you guys know, thanks for your comments.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 282 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.