Newbie Question

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 355 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So I have land I own on Mainland. I am wondering if I can change the grass color from the dreary brown to green. I have had experience terraforming but not sure how/if I can apply texture to OR change the grass on my land. 

Thanks so much in advance!

Nope.  Ground textures are applied at the region level. The best you can do is to cover the land on your parcel ( tastefully, of course ) with prims or -- better yet -- a custom mesh surface that you can texture as you wish. 

• Like 4

You can use a box prim and retexture that.  A box prim would be very flat, but you could let bits of the ground stick through it.

Another alternative would be a mesh ground prim. Look at Studio Skye to see some excellent mesh landscaping.

This picture shows a forest floor ground texture from Studio Skye vs. the Linden Ground texture behind me.

AbandonedLand2.jpg.2d47cc1418732dc463ad35aaf6353022.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/7/2023 at 9:44 AM, GreyLasagna said:

I haven't used it yet  but this might be useful for that task. Make sure to watch the video on the description.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/LandMap-Change-your-ground-texture-without-land-powers/236734

I have used this tool, it works great for land that is not flat... However like most mesh, you will not be able to rez on it. Just use caution rezzing no copy items, or put out a rez prim :) 

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 355 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.