Adding friends causes entire rest of friend list to drop offline

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 280 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

When adding a new friend, whether I'm on the same sim or a different one to them, as soon as they accept it causes the entire rest of my friend list to appear offline, including flooding the side of my screen with toasts. As login states cycle, they'll come back as showing online, and messaging them will have them instantly pop back online. In world, I can still see them if they're logged in, and their names still appear with the friend text colour. Relogging does clear the issue, however the fact that it's happened regularly over the last little bit has made me concerned it's more than just a fluke/isolated incident. Anyone else having the issue, and if so, any fixes? (Or any suggestions on their own?) I'm running Firestorm 6.6.8.68380, for the record. 

• 3 months later...

I am having the same issue - I have Firestorm - and it's annoying not to see my friends online. Relogging does not help at all. It is said that it is not a Firestorm issue then whose issue is it? I do business in Second Life and I must see my friends online.

9 minutes ago, Tsah said:

It is said that it is not a Firestorm issue then whose issue is it?

It's a Linden Lab issue. Affects all viewers and the web dashboard.

If you look at the incident report that was linked earlier, the latest update from 2 weeks ago is "we're still working on it."

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator

On 7/24/2023 at 12:52 PM, Tsah said:

I am having the same issue - I have Firestorm - and it's annoying not to see my friends online. Relogging does not help at all. It is said that it is not a Firestorm issue then whose issue is it? I do business in Second Life and I must see my friends online.

It's an LL issue, specifically it's a server issue. It is being worked on (for some time now). Attempts to fix it appear to have made it worse.

https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/BUG-232037

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 280 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.