Scenic Sailing Routes Suggestions?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 381 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi.  🙂

Looking for suggestions from some of our avid sailors for some beautiful, scenic sailing routes on the Blake Sea or elsewhere.  I'm taking out some friends for a birthday and would like a really nice starting spot/route.  I have a few fav places I rezz my boat but looking for a pretty route that I may not know about.  Thanks!  

5 hours ago, Ellen Cordeaux said:

Looking for suggestions from some of our avid sailors for some beautiful, scenic sailing routes on the Blake Sea or elsewhere

Just about anywhere on the World Map below is scenic. There are other scenic places obviously but in this part of the grid, EVERYTHING is scenic.

scenic sailing.PNG

One of my favourite routes is from Debbie's parcel in Cecropia at South end of hetercera. Sail south through ANWR channel past the prim oil rig. Then head West along the North side of the colour regions. When you get to Violet the waterway heads South west taking you to Bay City. Plenty to see around there and fun to explore the canals by boat. East of Bay city is the Shermerville bridge, which is worth taking a look at. 

When ready to move on you can go under the bridges in bay city at East end and head south through the Luna regions and past the old sandboxes. Again plenty to see as you sail and little places you can pause and explore. At the East of the passage is Abbott's aerodrome. You can pass through the North East corner to near Kapoor and DaBoom. If you like look W of DaBoom, you can detour to look at Rizal games. From the waterway by Kapoor there are a couple of channels that will take you East to the Bay of Space Pigs and all that offers. You can get through to the L-Shaped lake along the East edge of Brown if you are feeling  adventurous. At the East end of the Bay of Space Pigs there is a narrow passage in a NE corner that will take you to the the Bremner dinosaurs. Finish off the route with a drink at my parcel in Fudo or FIYCs EPI centre next door.

The route is pretty easy with lots of history to see.

Edited by Aethelwine
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, diamond Marchant said:

Just about anywhere on the World Map below is scenic. There are other scenic places obviously but in this part of the grid, EVERYTHING is scenic.

As an OG grid explorer, I can't say I agree with 'anywhere on the map is scenic', (lols) especially for the folks I'm hosting, two of which have never even heard of The Blake.  I'm looking for a bit more specific examples rather than just 'everything'.  🤷‍♀️

4 hours ago, Ellen Cordeaux said:

As an OG grid explorer, I can't say I agree with 'anywhere on the map is scenic'

The regions in the above map represent various estates (e.g. Blake Passage, New England, Second Norway, Sailors Cove, Honah Lee, Blake Estates, NYC Estate) which have covenants (reducing the chance of out-of-theme builds). They are all connected by "sailor friendly" water, hence, the chance of being taken out by banlines or orbs is less than other mainland regions. Most sailing  routes are within reasonable draw distance of the shoreline, hence, you can see things. The regions have been built out by many residents, so compared to places like Bellisseria, the landscape is not as repetitive. Finally, there are hundreds of regions, so a cruise can be as long as you wish.

Edited by diamond Marchant
  • Like 1

One way to find planned sailing route is look in the SL Sailing association Group Notices for cruises being sailed by the various sailing groups:

This link will create a link if you paste it into chat in your viewer:

secondlife:///app/group/2ee60bcf-94c1-3916-272e-406c46d3db4b/about

I know Rainbow Sails YC at Osprey Ridge, in the upstairs room has a collection of old cruises you can look through. Kyral Threndor at Absolution has the Topless Sailors office and you can find a record of previous cruises run there too.

Alternatively just go out to have a look at some of the mole built islands. 

For NW Nautilus you can start at Jes Kattun's Gateway Marina in Gogol sail up the NW edge of Nautilus and take a trip along the North side of Nautilus to look as the islands along there, like  around Denny and further on the Pirate radio station in Spello. Look underwater there too there is lenty going on under the water to look at around there.

On the East Side of Satori there are nice islands to look at from Danu going along to the East to Meauxie Bureaux. You can continue on through a channel in the middle of Terric and along the East edge of Montbard on to the Blake Sea itself.

The Blake Sea has all the Islands along the West Edge to look at from Windlass to Spyglass.  Further North more Islands to look at Skradski, Cortona, past them further North you have the Islands around Cividale to look at. West of Arezzo is the Grumphmuch channel you can take to pass through to the Dire Straits area and the Leviathan at Ahab's Haunt. To continue on East at Venrigalli the Cheerport Airport has long had an open waterway under the runway for boats to pass through and return back to Nautilus.  Nautilus Yamm worth a visit, I love that harbor. Heading East Nimitz worth passing through for the shipwreck and lighthouse, go through Rodel and you can work your way along West edge of Satori past some lovely Islands, sail through Kingpost and head on down all the way to Bellisseria.

Other places to visit near Blake sea Nautilus Blyth has a temple and the Nautilus canal you can sail right along to the Citadel where you turn around to come out again. A fun and unusual trip to make, just be careful clicking the Citadel doors! In the Centre of the Blake Sea you .have the replica of the Fastnet Lighthouse at Crows Nest. At Sailors Rest you have FIY, to the North Nantucket YC and to the East Hollywood home of Starboards YC.

Plenty to see elsewhere but some highlights and ideas for visits :)

Edited by Aethelwine
  • Thanks 1

Atlan Blades map is showing its age if you look at the estates Diamond highlights but still a useful resource for finding places in the mainland area to visit:

BlakeSea, Nautilus and surrounding areas - V7-0 (26.02.2018)

It is 5 years old, it still has Triumphal YC on. :Sad face: Although the airport there (if it is still there, is nice place to visit)

Edited by Aethelwine

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 381 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.