question re: MLPv2 and animation permissions.

Raena Parx

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 463 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have several medical exam tables I created using MLPv2. Today I had the owner of a medical clinic ask me if there is a way to bypass requiring the avatar who's sitting on the poseball from having to respond "yes" to allow animation permissions.  I know AVSITTER and NPOSE can do that, but to try to recreate animation sets for all of my exam tables using another animation engine would be a herrendous task, and beyond my time capabilities. 

Her reason for asking is because she has had several clients ask her - this is for "bot babies".  I never heard of them, but she said it's becoming a very common thing.  They are actually avatars, but no person behind them. They are controlled by the parent.  The parent can set the bot baby on an object, but the bot baby cannot touch anything to reply "yes" to give animation permissions.

Does anyone know is MLPv2 might have a patch or a way of doing this?  I'm thinking it could be something extremely complicated, or extremely simple lol. 

Thank you in advance!

4 hours ago, Marvin Benelli said:

I think you should make an experience for your items. Parents can logon once to their bot babies to accept your experience and then the babies can sit without granting permissions (because your experience has been accepted by them).

Using experiences rather than regular permissions would require a (fairly minor) change to the actual scripts.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

As a reminder, you would have to have a Premium membership in SL in order to get an Experience Key to use for your scripts. A Premium Plus member can get two keys.

Thank you! I forgot yet another benefit of being Premium Plus! (I am still smarting over someone telling me I am "paying too much".)

13 minutes ago, OptimoMaximo said:
7 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Thank you! I forgot yet another benefit of being Premium Plus! (I am still smarting over someone telling me I am "paying too much".)

You're paying too much 😜😂

What is this, a muffler commercial!?!?

• Haha 1

Thank you all for suggestions. I actually had considered Experiences might be an option, but from everything I see, the avatar still needs to accept the Experience.  And I was told that the bot baby cannot touch anything to accept anything.   You mentioned about the parent logging in tho, so I'm not sure how that works. Bot babies and Experiences are all new to me. Would it be possible then for the parent to log into something and accept the Experience for the bot baby?

3 hours ago, Raena Parx said:

Thank you all for suggestions. I actually had considered Experiences might be an option, but from everything I see, the avatar still needs to accept the Experience.  And I was told that the bot baby cannot touch anything to accept anything.   You mentioned about the parent logging in tho, so I'm not sure how that works. Bot babies and Experiences are all new to me. Would it be possible then for the parent to log into something and accept the Experience for the bot baby?

Indeed, a bot is a a regular avatar with a username/password. Assuming the parent created the baby avatar or obtained its credentials from a baby provider, the parent can logon to the baby once just to do the manual activity of granting permission to the experience and logout again. After that the bot can be restarted for programmed operation.

On 3/28/2023 at 2:46 AM, Raena Parx said:

I have several medical exam tables I created using MLPv2. Today I had the owner of a medical clinic ask me if there is a way to bypass requiring the avatar who's sitting on the poseball from having to respond "yes" to allow animation permissions.  I know AVSITTER and NPOSE can do that, but to try to recreate animation sets for all of my exam tables using another animation engine would be a herrendous task, and beyond my time capabilities. 

Thank you in advance!

In all the discussion, I think this was missed (and in case you or someone later on down the line is wondering why it can't be done or that matter):  MLVPv2, as you mentioned, uses pose-balls.  Pose balls are only used for positioning and rotations, they do not contain any of the actual poses or scripts, those are contained in the main object, and so animation trigger cannot be automatically granted. That is why they get a prompt for permission to animate; A "third" object (main) is doing the actual animations triggers.

To complicate things a script can only hold permissions for one avatar at a time, so depending if there were several avatars/bots needing to use the furniture, they'd need to accept the trigger permission each time they are posed. Based on the original post, this is for a clinic so that is a very real possibility. Hence using one of the newer sitter systems that doesn't use pose-balls (and can autogrant permissions) is the only elegant solution to this problem. Less elegant, but still good, is to integrate (with a small modification) the MLVPv2 scripts with an Experience. At least what way it's a one time grant and not something that would be needed each time.

Thank you so much for the information.  So...right, Trying to change over to a new animation engine at this point would be like reinventing the wheel, which is not an option lol. 

That does surprise me that the animations from MLVPv2 are not in the poseball. Cause there are times when I deleted the furniture and only the poseball was left, and I hopped on it and the animation still worked - go figure hahaha.

The solution for using experiences may be helpful, but still not sure if it would fit the doctor's needs...each time they have a new patient (bot baby), the new patient would need to have the parent log into the experience.  Granted it's only the first time, but still requires extra steps for the patient initially. I'll definitely speak with her to see if that would work. 

I really appreciate everyone's help.  Thank you so much!

Edited by Raena Parx

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 463 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.