how to know which security question was selected when creating the account?

shanne42

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 443 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

how to know which security question was selected when creating the account?

I have an old account from many years ago, where I don't remember which account security question I asked when I created the account, is it possible to access which question I selected, or which answer I posted to that question somewhere on the site? I really needed to know this somehow.

1 hour ago, shireena1 said:

As far as I recall, you have to contact support by phone or ticket, and provide sufficient information for them to satisfy that it is you firstly. Even then you might still not get the answer, but possibly having to reset it.

well reset already a big step, I thought I wouldn't have that possibility but thanks for the tip I'll do that

The only way you will ever know what Secret Question you chose -- if any (cuz there were not always Secret Questions) - is if LL asks you for the answer.  They definitely will not tell you what the Question was that you picked, nor will they reset it for you.  If you did not give a truthful answer at the time that you selected the question, then you are totally out of luck in that area.  If you ever have to prove you are you to LL, then you'll have to find a method that they'll accept other than the Question/Answer -- they do have other ways of verifying people/accounts.

10 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

The only way you will ever know what Secret Question you chose -- if any (cuz there were not always Secret Questions) - is if LL asks you for the answer.  They definitely will not tell you what the Question was that you picked, nor will they reset it for you.  If you did not give a truthful answer at the time that you selected the question, then you are totally out of luck in that area.  If you ever have to prove you are you to LL, then you'll have to find a method that they'll accept other than the Question/Answer -- they do have other ways of verifying people/accounts.

when you go down the route of recovering lost accounts, they DO ask you the secuirty question you chose, as I've done this myself.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, belindacarson said:

when you go down the route of recovering lost accounts, they DO ask you the secuirty question you chose, as I've done this myself.

Yes, and that is why I said the only way you will ever know what the question is -- if not recorded somewhere -- is if LL asks you for the answer to it.  And that assumes that the account has a question associated with it.  Way back, not all of the 'create account' portals asked for a question/answer.

But if you just go ask them what they question was, they aren't going to tell you.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

5 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Yes, and that is why I said the only way you will ever know what the question is -- if not recorded somewhere -- is if LL asks you for the answer to it.  And that assumes that the account has a question associated with it.  Way back, not all of the 'create account' portals asked for a question/answer.

But if you just go ask them what they question was, they aren't going to tell you.

That's not what you said, what you said was " They definitely will not tell you what the Question was that you picked, nor will they reset it for you"

I said, to provide correct information to the OP, that LL do ask you the actual question, when you try to verify the account.

35 minutes ago, belindacarson said:

That's not what you said, what you said was " They definitely will not tell you what the Question was that you picked, nor will they reset it for you"

And in the same paragraph, just before that, I said:

6 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

The only way you will ever know what Secret Question you chose -- if any (cuz there were not always Secret Questions) - is if LL asks you for the answer

While they might ask you your question, in order to get an answer, they will not just tell you what the question is.

The difference between my two statements are 'ask' versus 'tell'.

Yes, LL will ask you the question if you are trying to recover an account -- but if you just go open a ticket and say 'what is my secret question', they will not just tell you.

Someone mentioned opening a support ticket to get the question from LL or get it reset.  My comments addressed that post as well as the OP questions.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

And in the same paragraph, just before that, I said:

While they might ask you your question, in order to get an answer, they will not just tell you what the question is.

The difference between my two statements are 'ask' versus 'tell'.

Yes, LL will ask you the question if you are trying to recover an account -- but if you just go open a ticket and say 'what is my secret question', they will not just tell you.

Someone mentioned opening a support ticket to get the question from LL or get it reset.  My comments addressed that post as well as the OP questions.

They do tell you the question.  When you file a ticket they reply with the question for you to answer it.

So yes they do tell you it.  And if you pass verification they will also reset it for you if you ask them.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I had to go through recovery for an old account where the email address no longer exists(the entire email *service* no longer exists). Contact linden labs, explain the situation, provide as best you can all the information they ask for. Might take a few days but they should be able to help you out.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 443 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.