New avatar tutorial? Best way to start over from scratch?

VexDarkness

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 450 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I want to just start over on my avatar and try again (obviously saving my old outfits and inventory).  Does anyone know of a tutorial, or can point me in the right direction?  I'd like a bug muscle dude this time around (for RP with my wife).

Thanks!

• Like 1

The best body currently on the market for muscular bodies is Inithium Kario.  There's Niramyth Aesthetic which is VERY old and no longer updated. Signature Gianni can go pretty muscular but maybe not as much as you intend. But it has the best availability for clothing out of the three. None of these bodies are free. There are no free options for this kind of avatar. 

You'll need to watch this: 

Note that whichever option you go for, none of your previous clothing will fit (except for system-layers - which will still not work with Niramyth because that body cannot do Bakes on Mesh). You'll need to purchase new clothing based on the body you eventually decide on.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, VexDarkness said:

Okay cool, thanks!!

Well I read too fast or you added. Either way my dude suggestion would be to try the current male bodies with your old clothes assuming you want to keep them.  

I also wanted to add for anyone that might be interested as your profile pic currently looks a little "elf" to me that there is a very nice still free UNISEX elf head on the marketplace here:   

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/FREE-BeSpoke-Elf-Yule-Head/23052390

image.png.f4a6ead603f8309e141f0390d444679e.png

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, VexDarkness said:

Okay, scratch the muscle dude. hehe How about a goth chick? 😁

Same process. Choose and purchase a mesh body (for women, there are many different options), and choose and purchase a mesh head. Demo everything, of course. You can then demo skins and find something you like. Then select your hair and clothing. 

The biggest hurdle is figuring out which body you want that has enough clothing support for your style. For goth, you'd probably find more clothing in the goth realm for Maitreya Lara, Legacy Female and/or Legacy Perky, Kupra, and eBody Reborn.

Heads are a bit more flexible, though chances are, you'll want one on the Evo X UV map to make shopping for skins, makeup, tattoos, and effects a whole lot easier (Evo X is currently the standard, though SLUV makeup and tats still exist - just a bit harder to find). Depending on how goth you want to go, you can choose from Lelutka or Akeruka ADV X's line for human heads, and BeSpoke for creature/monster heads.

Browse Flickr and look at avatars. Click on the photos and see if they list credits for what they're wearing. That's usually a good way to start figuring out where to shop. 

Try these groups for goth avatars/photography (some may have NSFW images, just FYI):

https://www.flickr.com/groups/slgothicfantasy/pool/

☥ slGoth ☥ Second Life Gothic Lifestyle

Gothic Second Life

Your Darkest Dreams.. Gothic, Horror, Fantasy & Sci-Fi

Edited by Ayashe Ninetails
Added stuffs
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, VexDarkness said:

Okay, scratch the muscle dude. hehe How about a goth chick? 😁

It seems you're still working from a Library avatar.  Most of the responses seem to be about either purchasing mesh heads or body which is one way to go.  If you're happy with using the base avatars that LL provides, your search for clothing should be for older system layer clothing or mesh clothing which is NOT rigged to a specific mesh body such as Maitreya, Legacy, Belleza, etc.  You can wear other mesh items that use sizing like L, M, S...   Those generally will need an alpha mask and in many cases, come with one appropriate to the item.  An alpha is the little grid-like icon in your inventory and usually says Alpha.  It hides the body parts underneath.

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 450 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.