Texture Issues help?

Zombina Gunawan

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 434 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello, 

I'm a little embarrassed to ask for help since I've been in SL for about 15 years now and thought I knew fairly well what I was doing (or at least was pretty decent at winging it)  but I took about a five-year break and came back to everything being mesh. I'm slowly working on updating my avatar and switched to the Maitreya body yesterday ( I was using the free classic one while I learned how to use other things so I have some experience with mesh bodies..) 

My problem is that since switching over to the Maitreya body I'm having significant texture issues. Like, in the picture the issue with my hair (Magika) messes up my tattoo really bad. I'm using the Maitreya applier for the tattoo and it looks fine without the hair but the hair really clashes with it. So my question is.. is this a me doing something wrong problem or just a known issue that is kind of a "deal with it" kind of thing lol. Also, if I switch to BOM does that help this issue at all?  I am using an EvoX head if that matters. 

Thanks for any help for this born-again noob lol 

hair example.png

The problem is caused by two semi-transparent surfaces (your hair, and your applier tattoo) being drawn over each other in the wrong order, so in this case your hair was drawn first and the tattoo thinks it's being covered by the hair, even though it shouldn't be.

Switching to BOM would absolutely help, since then the tattoo would actually become part of your skin texture (which isn't transparent).

If your skin and tattoo don't have BOM versions, you could also change the attachment points of your body and hair (to change the priority in which they're drawn on the screen). Read more about it here:

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator
  • Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 434 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.