Give Second Account Region Permissions

Charolotte Caxton

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 435 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

18 answers to this question

A region can only have one owner (that is,  can only be owned by one account) so, no, your alt cannot share your responsibility or your privileges as the region owner. You can of course create a land group with her as its co- owner so can each set access permissions, terraform, change the music stream,  and so forth on land deeded to the group. That's almost as good. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

A region can only have one owner (that is,  can only be owned by one account) so, no, your alt cannot share your responsibility or your privileges as the region owner. You can of course create a land group with her as its co- owner so can each set access permissions, terraform, change the music stream,  and so forth on land deeded to the group. That's almost as good. 

My main concern was changing skies, is that possible? Edit to clarify, I know how to change skies, I meant will they have that ability as well, thank you.

Edited by Charolotte Caxton

52 minutes ago, Charolotte Caxton said:

Hello. Is it possible to give my second account, owned and controlled solely by my personal self, as much control of my regions as I have? Thank you.

You can make them an estate manager if you're talking about a private estate.

https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Estate_Manager

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Like 2

Access Tab

Estate Managers list: Any Residents you assign as Estate Managers for you in this list are able to access most of the same Region/Estate tools that you can. They are not able to deed land or access the About Land window, as these are parcel-level controls. They are trusted by Linden Lab for rollback requests, so be certain to chose Residents you trust. An estate may have up to 15 estate managers designated at a time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Access Tab

Estate Managers list: Any Residents you assign as Estate Managers for you in this list are able to access most of the same Region/Estate tools that you can. They are not able to deed land or access the About Land window, as these are parcel-level controls. They are trusted by Linden Lab for rollback requests, so be certain to chose Residents you trust. An estate may have up to 15 estate managers designated at a time.

Thank you, I will double check, that is what I made them, estate manager, but when I go to inventory, library, skies and want to apply to parcel I cannot, as my second account.

edit: ok, I checked, they are estate manager. 

12 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

You should be able to set the sky on any parcel. If the entire region is one huge parcel deeded to the group that you and your alt co-own, you should both be able to do it. The best way to find out, of course,  is to just try it. 

Yeah, I tried and searched and thought maybe I was missing something obvious.

16 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Access Tab

"They are not able to deed land or access the About Land window" - I think that's my answer? No, they cannot. ?

9 minutes ago, Charolotte Caxton said:

Ok, so my solution was to deed the region to my group, but what was weird is the sky wouldn't change visually until I rezzed something to sit on. So, thank you!

Yes,  you can't actually deed the region,  but you can deed a parcel to your group,  which is probably what you did,  if the region is just one big parcel. Anyway, it sounds like you did what I suggested. So, if your alt is co- owner of the group,  she should be able to change the sky.  I have no idea why you should need to sit down, but SL is weird sometimes. Glad it sort of worked for you  

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

Yes,  you can't actually deed the region,  but you can deed a parcel to your group,  which is probably what you did,  if the region is just one big parcel. Anyway, it sounds like you did what I suggested. So, if your alt is co- owner of the group,  she should be able to change the sky.  I have no idea why you should need to sit down, but SL is weird sometimes. Glad it sort of worked for you  

Yes, I did exactly what you said at the very start and it worked, thank you. The sitting down part was because my other was rezzed on a platform and the sky wasn't changing, so I thought, let's go to the ground and try, so what I do is rez a cube, sit on it, then change altitude, right? Anyway, when I sat on it, the sky changed to what I had wanted it set to without me even changing altitude, I just sat. I know, weird, right? ha ha ha

Just a side note to the rez a box and change altitude ... you can also use GTH400 or some other height that will put your avatar at that height instantly just make sure you are flying when you do it... also you can rez a platform at that height when you are there type rezplat into chat and a small platform will rez at the height you are currently

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, AlexBrandon said:

Just a side note to the rez a box and change altitude ... you can also use GTH400 or some other height that will put your avatar at that height instantly just make sure you are flying when you do it... also you can rez a platform at that height when you are there type rezplat into chat and a small platform will rez at the height you are currently

IIRC, the official Linden viewer does not have this option.  Firestorm does and I'm not sure about any of the others.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, AlexBrandon said:

What is GTH400

edit: oh, go to height? I'm guessing it's to type in local. I'll try it out in FS. Also the rez platform seems helpful, I usually rez a cube, sit on it, set our altitude, hover, make the cube a platform.

1 hour ago, Rolig Loon said:

Yeah, it's one of the commands in Firestorm's alphabet soup. You can also just open your map and change the Z value for your position and hit Teleport. You don't have to rez a cube to sit on that way either, and it's just about as fast as GTH.

Thank you.

On 2/21/2023 at 8:38 PM, Rolig Loon said:

Yeah, it's one of the commands in Firestorm's alphabet soup. You can also just open your map and change the Z value for your position and hit Teleport. You don't have to rez a cube to sit on that way either, and it's just about as fast as GTH.

I bolded, OMG. Seriously life changing, you don't know. I just did it, it's like a new super power, omg, thank you, haha, I know I am over reacting but that's how it felt! Lol. I can be anywhere I want however I want whenever I want (as long as I'm not banned 😆). Too cute!

EDIT: OMG I can also place myself in any coordinate, wow, thank you so much! (I recently learned how to discover the center of my place so I'm kinda excited 🙂 )

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 435 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.