No highlighted option to remove or take off any skin, tattoo or bom items

Ember Littlepaws

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 471 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Within the last few days, I've had an inventory issue. When adding or putting on anything like a skin or tattoo, there is no highlighted "take off" option. I can put the item on but there is no option highlighted to remove it. These are not appliers, things like regular tattoos or skins. If I add it or wear it, I can go into worn items within "outfits" and within a couple days, I can remove it from there but that's the only way I can completely take it off or remove it. So weird! Anyone else having this issue or know what it might be? Or maybe a setting I have to change? Never had this issue before and I've been wearing tattoos and skins like this for years now. Thanks for any thoughts or advice :)

7 answers to this question

Just now, Ember Littlepaws said:

Within the last few days, I've had an inventory issue. When adding or putting on anything like a skin or tattoo, there is no highlighted "take off" option. I can put the item on but there is no option highlighted to remove it. These are not appliers, things like regular tattoos or skins. If I add it or wear it, I can go into worn items within "outfits" and within a couple days, I can remove it from there but that's the only way I can completely take it off or remove it. So weird! Anyone else having this issue or know what it might be? Or maybe a setting I have to change? Never had this issue before and I've been wearing tattoos and skins like this for years now. Thanks for any thoughts or advice :)

Tattoos should be removable.  However, a Skin can never be taken off -- it must always be replaced.  Shape, Skin, Eyes, & Hair base/Eyebrows (the one with the head symbol) are the basic 4 items that must always be worn, so they always have to be 'replaced'.

24 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Tattoos should be removable.  However, a Skin can never be taken off -- it must always be replaced.  Shape, Skin, Eyes, & Hair base/Eyebrows (the one with the head symbol) are the basic 4 items that must always be worn, so they always have to be 'replaced'.

With skins, I've always been able to put on a demo while already wearing my current skin and take it off after trying it on. There is no highlighted option in my inventory to take off something as simple as a demo skin, whereas before I've always been able to "take off" a demo skin while wearing my current one. Not sure why it's like that now for me.

39 minutes ago, Ember Littlepaws said:

With skins, I've always been able to put on a demo while already wearing my current skin and take it off after trying it on. There is no highlighted option in my inventory to take off something as simple as a demo skin, whereas before I've always been able to "take off" a demo skin while wearing my current one. Not sure why it's like that now for me.

The actual SKIN is the one with a person like icon, though skins can also come on Tattoo layers.  A skin that is on a Tattoo layer can be removed, but the true SKIN cannot -- and you can only ever wear ONE actual "Skin".

How about you post a picture of the WORN tab of your inventory, showing the items you are wearing and noting what you want to take off?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Ember Littlepaws said:

Skin is a specific type of inventory item. Creators will often put skin textures into tattoo layers, which can be taken off.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

Skin is a specific type of inventory item. Creators will often put skin textures into tattoo layers, which can be taken off.

Ok, that is what this specific issue was lol.. dang, guess I needed a refresher on it. Was a tattoo layer. None the less, regular skin demos are going on and off as they should normally now. Idk, SL and its quirks :D Thank you all for your help! 

22 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

The actual SKIN is the one with a person like icon, though skins can also come on Tattoo layers.  A skin that is on a Tattoo layer can be removed, but the true SKIN cannot -- and you can only ever wear ONE actual "Skin".

How about you post a picture of the WORN tab of your inventory, showing the items you are wearing and noting what you want to take off?

I was able to figure it out. Smh, needed a refresher on layers and remembering that some creators do demo skins as tattoo layers. Thank you for your quick responses and help! Much appreciated!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 471 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.