SL Marketplace Skin and Shape, all I got was a poster

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 489 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I just ordered a skin and shape  from the SL Marketplace for $L 600 and all I got was a non clickable poster. I'm on Firestorm. I looked in the "Recent" and the "Received Items" and there's one item which when I drag to the floor is a non clickable poster. If I click on it my poor frustrated alt just walks into it. The L$600 is gone from her balance.

I tried to get it redelivered but when click on the redeliver button nothing happens. When I right click and open that button in another window says "The page you were looking for doesn't exist.

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong but have no idea what it is. Can someone help?

[Redacted by moderator to remove name of store]

Edited by Quartz Mole

Wait... did you rez the item on the ground, right-click it and choose Open from the menu?

The other possibility is you are meant to attach it to yourself, and it might attach to your screen (a HUD) - then it will either unpack itself automatically, or do so when you click it.

Sometimes things will work one way, but not the other. Rezzing and opening as in my first sentance (this is the old fashioned way) is pretty much foolproof though, as long as you can see the thing (if not, look around the other side, it might be transparent from one side).

In any case, when it does unpack, look for a folder called the same thing.

Edited by Rick Daylight
  • Like 2

I'm a bit confused as well but I think there are in essence two separate struggles. One is related to the delivery unpacking or potentially missing content. The other is linked to redeliveries of the item not working.

As usual it's hard to say exactly what went wrong but here are a few general purpose suggestions. From your descriptions it does seem to be a rezzable object. Which means it could be a simple unpacker or a box.

Try the following maybe:

Add the item from your inventory (not the ground).

If it attaches to your screen, click the poster or a blue dialog box. If nothing happens, change regions. Lots of script issues lately.

If it attaches to your hand, check for a blue dialog box in the corner anyway. If none show up...

Rez the box on the floor. Left click does nothing? Right click.

Go into edit mode, click content and see if the box actually contains anything.

If you can see items in there, try to change regions and rez, then touch again. Lots of script issues. Not kidding there.

If there are no items, redelivery which brings us to the next problem that you said that does not work.

Are you certain you bought an item that was not a gacha?

If not, where are you requesting the redelivery?

And if no redelivery happens, contact the creator. Be friendly and they usually fix it up for you.

5 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

You can also check the contents of the poster you've rezzed on the floor by choosing Edit/Content.  Chances are, it's what @Ceka Ciancisaid and it's an unpacking HUD.

That's it. I dragged the poster to the floor, did an edit and there's the shape I want in Content. Now, how do I get it out of Content and into my inventory?

6 minutes ago, Madison10292018 said:

That's it. I dragged the poster to the floor, did an edit and there's the shape I want in Content. Now, how do I get it out of Content and into my inventory?

If you can only get it from the edit window, you can make a folder in your inventory and name it whatever you like.. then open your inventory  to where the folder is. Then from the edit contents window, drag everything in the contents, into the folder you made in your inventory..

You can't be in the recent tab of your inventory because things can't be dragged to there.. You have to be on the inventory tab..

Edited by Ceka Cianci

12 minutes ago, Rick Daylight said:

Why not just do as I said... right-click, open, copy to inventory. Three clicks and you're done. That's what the Open option is for.

I just told them that way because it was how they were doing it already, but probably trying to drop it in the recent tab instead of the inventory..

• Quartz Mole changed the title to SL Marketplace Skin and Shape, all I got was a poster
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 489 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.