SL Theme Song

Mayalily

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4730 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

What song would you chose as a theme song for SL?

I'd have to pick "Snowbound" by Donald Bleep (they won't let me put his last name here because the computer default thinks his name has a bad word in it which it does not as his last name is pronounced Fay-gen.

This video is before SL's time even arrived, but reminds me so much of SL.  ETA:  Okay if video does not start right away, make sure you click, skip this advertisement, and then wait patiently for it to self load; do not try to push a play; it should self load.  Sawry, some tecnical difficulties with metacafe, but it should play; again it is self loading and you need to be patient for it to start playing.  (Also, when you click on link it may say "skip this advertisement" or "skip this video"; click that and then the video should self load; it takes awhile, so do not click play once it connects to the correct link you see below.)

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/wm-A10302B0000207474J/donald_fagen_snowbound_official_music_video/

Sawry, technical difficulties.  If that first link doesn't work.  Try this one.

http://www.contactmusic.com/videos.nsf/stream/donald-**bleep**en-snowbound-video-version

Oh as you can see in this second link, it took out his name.  Poor Donald who is loved by music critics the world over and forever!  Oh, so sad :(

My first choice would have been Donald Bleep's song I.G.Y. for a SL Theme Song, but the first line : Standing tough under stars and stripes (well, that refers to the American Flag, and I needed something more global).  Am I a Donald Bleep fan 'til the end:  Oh yes.  I.G.Y. would have been my first choice though, and I want it played at my funeral just because it is one of my favorite songs and I don't want people crying at my funeral. 

Oh darn, the link plays for me (it has a pause and will look blank until the video starts; maybe be patient for a min) 'cuz they have that song blocked on YOUTUBE!  Okay, if it won't play after you have been patient a little, then go to google search; type in Donald Bleep (I can't type his name in here.)  The correct spelling of his name you will find in the link above.  Okay, in the Google search bar, type in Snowbound by Donald Bleep (put correct spelling in your google search bar) and you should see a link to the metacafe.com.  The song is unfortunately blocked on YOUTUBE right now. 

No, that is not the whole song.  Read what is says above when you open the youtube link.  Some instruments are cut out, and that video of Snowbound I'm trying to post a link to is a crack up.  It reminds me of SL, but it's way before it's time!  I love that song Snowbound so much I couldn't even begin to tell you how many times I have played it.   To see the video, you need to get to metacafe through google search is better.  When I tried to search metacafe itself, I didn't find the video like I did through the google search bar. 

ETA:  The link played for me twice.  Darn it!  I think Metaverse is copywritten.  Darn it.  RATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  They overroad the link somehow.  Metacafe is kind of weird because it's copywritten or something.  Where else could I find that video, me wonders?

ETA:  Link is working again for me.  Click skip this advertisement, and patiently wait a little for the video to self load; do not press play; it is self loading but takes a little time to load.  I rebooted my computer and the link does play even tho I wasn't logged in when I did another test.  Try it again Randall and let me know.   It almost looks like Donald is in a weird kind of skybox.  And a part of the lyric says:  It's a marketplace, and a party house too.   lol

Fame!  That's a good one.  Thanks for sharing it! 

To address my OP:  Now that darn link is playing again? and I can see the video?  How bizarre.   And in Randall's link all you hear is bass/drums/vocals:  no good. 

Uploading verison with lyrics, as video of woman going to electric chair for murdering her three husbands is not really G-rated enough for these forums!!!

However, it's the lyrics that make this MY SL theme song... particularly ... "It's MY life, don't you forget" !!:matte-motes-wink-tongue:

I like just the title, and for Fame I think the I'm going to learn how fly is funny.  We can fly in SL, but cannot teach our RL children that they can fly because in RL, no we cannot fly except hang gliding, maybe.  But the I'm going to learn how to fly is a good SL joke. 

Oh to Randall:  I think Donald has his keyboards and piano blocked (copywritten) that's why no YOUTUBE.  I can't blame Donald for wanting to copywrite his brilliant mastery of the piano and the keyboards.  I could swoon.  Well, women swooned for Beethoven.   I swoon for Beethoven, too. 

This is very sad to me though because this is asking music critics to almost avoid getting good research on Donald, and it is a bit like asking someone who wants to talk about classical music that they cannot include Mozart because some of his name is a bad word.  One can't leave Donald out if they are a music researcher/critic?  That's ridiculous because one couldn't have a complete classical library without Mozart.   And it would be like saying to classical music students, we can't study that one because his name is bleeped. 

I think different kinds of users need their own songs. 

I nominate "Fast Times In Tahoe" for the SL drama-romance addicts; you know, the kind who log in, meets and romances a stranger who lives "3000 miles away",  and then breaks up after a few mutual mind games, all within approximately 13 hours (rinse and repeat).

If i were making a commercial for Second life..i think i could really do something to show it off with these and using avatars and places in the world..SL dancing and doing a lot of dance choreography in world has been a big part of my Second life..

Fashion as well..i think to make it appealing to many people that showing off a lot of everything in each scene would be important..not only showing off the animations..but the fashion and how well the avatars look and move and the places they are in..and how they became to be..

the music to me woudl have to have me  bopping as i watched..

it would all start  as showing some scenes with maybe a  person hidden behind some glasses then titling them to the tip of his or her nose looking at a prim as if they just had a great idea..then  as she/he creates the whole scene from the begining to the final results of a bashing great party with everyone having a ball  in the beautiful creation that started from that plain cube hehehe

i've always wanted to make a machinima likre that..but now time is so limited to do so..but it would be fun for sure..so these are my picks for some fun adds for second life hehehe enjoy

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4730 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.