I have a question about the inventory.

Lustology

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 422 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

6 answers to this question

6 minutes ago, Quistess Alpha said:

We're thinking about the question differently. You're assuming the question is about dragging items from in-world into the inventory window, I'm assuming it's about dragging a set of items already in the inventory window into another folder.

Items in the inventory can be shift-clicked or ctrl-clicked to select more than one at once. When multiple inventory items are selected at once, they can be dragged into another inventory folder to move them.

Well, not quite. It depends on what the OP had in mind, as you pointed out.

1. If you are dragging a collection of in-world items to your inventory, they will not appear a separate items in inventory.  They will be saved as a coalesced object.

2.  If you are thinking of selecting multiple items that are already in your inventory and rezzing them in world (which is what I was assuming the OP meant), then you cannot do it at all.

3.  If you are merely intending to move items around in your inventory (or in world) as a group (which is what you assumed she meant), then yes, you can do it as you described.

• Like 1

Nope.

EDIT:  To be clearer ....  If you had previously picked up several items together as a coalesced object, you could then rez that object as a collection.  Other than that exception, though, there's no way.  That's just as well, because it keeps you from making a horrible mistake, like rezzing your entire inventory at once.

Edited by Rolig Loon

2 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

Nope.   This will not work.

We're thinking about the question differently. You're assuming the question is about dragging items from in-world into the inventory window, I'm assuming it's about dragging a set of items already in the inventory window into another folder.

Items in the inventory can be shift-clicked or ctrl-clicked to select more than one at once. When multiple inventory items are selected at once, they can be dragged into another inventory folder to move them.

Edited by Quistess Alpha

Open two Inventory panels. Drag from one to another. You can have your target items in one and your destination showing in the other.

Also, if you are only going to do one inventory panel, select your targets to move and press Ctrl-X to move them. Once the sort of gray out you can scroll and click all you want. When have the destination folder selected, press paste Ctrl-V and the items move to that folder.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 422 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.