How to keep people from teleporting into my linden house?

HeidiBoBiedi

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 494 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Total newbie here so I apologize if this is easily covered somewhere...

when I go to "land>Access" and try to click on the box that says "anyone can visit" it is greyed out. 

When I use the security panel on the inside of the house, to set myself and another person as being able to access the doors/windows options the check mark does go away, however it comes right back as "Anyone can visit" 

The main problem was that I had a very unwanted direct teleport in from a total stranger last night. And I would really like to avoid that, if possible? (seems reasonable) 

Any help is greatly appreciated. 

• Like 1

To be honest, you can't really keep anyone from teleporting in. I've accidently done it myself when I forget that my home location has moved to another house. Your best bet is to get the Linden Labs Security system out of the creation kit that comes with your house. Go to the mailbox where you can change your homes and the kit is one of the last things on the menu. You can then set the system to only allow in anyone that you want and it will eject everyone else after ( I think) fifteen seconds. Does that help?

I realized I didn't explain that well. Rez the content creation kit out and the security system is inside. You then have to rez out the security system and place it any place you like in your home. I like mine next to the front door since the house controller is there anyway. Open the menu with the middle button and hit the access button. You list the people that you want into it. Make sure you hit "allow list" when you're done or it will boot absolutely everyone. Turn it on and you're good to go. I'm inworld until around ten or so if you want any help.

Edited by Baiphen Quintessa
Didn't finish.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As well as setting up the provided security system, another thing to avoid people appearing inside the house is to set teleport routing to a forced landing point that is outside your front door. You and anyone on the access list can then open the door and walk in. Anyone who isn't can try to get in by sitting on something, but the security will kick them in 15 seconds, so it won't matter much.

Make sure you haven't already set a forced landing point that's inside the house. People can end up landing there unintentionally, then find they're trapped inside as they can't open the doors. If you set the landing point to your bed, you will absolutely get people falling on your bed at random times (and they'll be just as surprised as you are).

You can't ban everyone using the land settings as you've discovered, but you can ban individuals who cause problems.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

To add to the excellent information already provided, there are other security systems available on the market place, but using the Linden one ensures that it is configured correctly per Linden Homes covenant.  

Additional details including an explanation of why the settings are what they are can be found here:  

• Like 2

• Moles

As a side note, we periodically go through regions at random looking for incorrectly set security devices. A large majority we find are indeed incorrect and get returned.

The Covenant outlines the requirement if you use security other than the one we provide for residents. It states:

"*Security devices are only allowed if they comply with the following restrictions:
     -Minimum of 15 seconds warning time (no shorter)
     -Eject from parcel only (not teleport them home)
     -Effective range cannot include the airspace between 400m and 2000m (to allow for people to fly overhead but not in the air space where skyboxes are allowed)
     -Does not add names of ejected persons to the parcel ban list automatically"

Anyone can view and read the Linden Homes Covenant in its entirety by going to World > About Land > Covenant anywhere in the Bellisseria continent. You can also find it here: Linden Homes Covenant

Edited by Abnor Mole
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Can set the parcel to a group.   then set the landing Point just on front edge, if they try to tp in they get sent back to landing spot. However if there is sittable furniture set to anyone and not group they can cam in an sit on them. 

use official orb and make sure it doesnt interfere with flight altitudes. 

Can only force them to edge of parcel - not outside it with group set. those in your group can be set to ignore landing points. 

Can ban people to the parcel if popping in constantly, it will force them outside the parcel an not allow a return. 

Edited by Kavarek
  • Like 1

one thought just occurred to me.

If you have a lot of people TPing into your home, it might be that it was listed in Parade of Homes by a previous owner and the listing never removed. You might want to look at the listings for your style of home and verify that your house is not listed there by a previous owner.  If it is, you can request it be removed.

Here is the link to the parade of homes listing: PoH-OH Parade of Homes / Open Homes Listing - Webpage and HUD (robertrhodan.de)

• Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 494 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.