i have been a cloud for weeks, in diffrent viewers and diffrent computers

Arianna Gloom

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4695 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

6 answers to this question

Other reasons can be something you are Wearing like a HUD or AO. Double check your inventory to see what you are wearing and try Removing or detaching Items or clothing and see if your Avatar renders.

Another reason could be lag, are the different computers different? My Brother and his Wife have matching laptops (overpriced imo).

If you adjusted or increased your Graphics Settings in Preferences that could cause your avatar to not render. Lowering graphics settings to their lowest settings might help you to appear. The auto-detect turned my shaders on, but I don't want them on because idc about shaders, turning them on lowered my frame rate, my cubes must rez at 90FPS. :smileyvery-happy:

Finding and empty Region would help to.

What is the last thing you remember doing before you became a cloud? Undo that.

If you are wearing several tattoo layers, you may experience this issue. Removing the tattoo layers will stop the problem.

Doing a Character test - which might help in any case - in the Develop menu (Ctrl+Alt+Q)->Avatar->Character tests->Test female will remove any layer causing issues. Doing the test will in fact set you back to a default avatar. After doing this you can then put on the shape, skin, hair, clothes and so on, that you are normally wearing.

- Luc -

Hello Arianna. If the avatar test didin't fix your problem clear your cache manually:

(XP) - C: \ Documents and Settings \ (USER NAME) - Application Data \ SecondLife and
C: \ Documents and Settings \ (USER NAME)\ Local Settings \ Application Data \ Second Life

(Vista) and (Win 7) - C: \ Users \ (USER NAME) \ AppData \ Roaming \ SecondLife and
C: \ Users \ (USER NAME) \ ApplData \ Local \ Secondlife

Log out and delete everything in those folders and restart first your computer and after the program. Usually the folder Appdata is a hidden folder. (Windows Tools \ Folder Options \ View & enable Show Hidden Files/Folders)

Have in your mind that if you clear your cache manually you will lose all your private conversations which are saved in your computer. To avoid it copy the folder with your username in the folder Secondlife in another position in your hard disk.

If you have more that 1 viewers installed in your computer, you must to do it for all following the same paths in your hard disk.

For example C: \ Users \ (USER NAME) \ ApplData \ Local \ PhoenixViewer (Same with other viewers even you use them occasionally)

After that log in a protected land without lag like Smith, Lime or Pooley. There open your inventory, type something in search there and wait fetching ALL your  items till the last one. That means you get back, you download your inventory. During the downloading you avoid to do something else like teleporting, moving, chatting etc and also is good not to run other applications. When it finishes, try to change outfit choosing one with just the necessary stuff (skin, shape, hair, eyes, pants and shirt) without any attachments.

Good luck.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4695 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.