idk where it gone wrong but sth is wrong with my avatar 😭

DrusaTheWicked

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 545 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello, my avatar got so weird for idk why but this happened before too yet I reset my avatar and it worked but this time idk nothing works... I can't add an ss so plz if anyone can help me I'll appreciate it very much ᰔ

(my shape corrupted when I changed to some clothes I think but idk for sure and I tried everything and just tried basically anything I can find in internet... but the shape and now the skin tone is weird... when I wear my mesh part it becomes corrupted too partially.) 

Yeah like others said, just make sure your alpha layer is on, depending on whichever body you're using. And when you add items, if they're objects, I prefer to right click and choose "add" rather than "wear", just so I don't risk replacing anything.

• Like 5

On 12/16/2022 at 2:52 AM, Ceka Cianci said:

Which mesh body are you trying to use? 

hello

im trying to use the item called ''helpless slave bento bom ruth'' and as i can see there's no issue with alpha ut when i open the alpha hud and click load alpha it says ''not yet implemented''.. and at very first this happened because my chest'S shape got weird all of a sudden too ugh this is odd idk but ty for replying 🌺

On 12/16/2022 at 3:07 AM, Wulfie Reanimator said:

Looks like you've simply taken off your mesh body's alpha layer, and now the system body is showing through it.

idk if there was an alpha layer in the first place bcuz it didnt show in my inventory this item only had alpha hud so i assumed alpha layer is automatic or something and as im checking the hud nothing is missing.(oh only hands but it was like that in the first place)  but i said lets try ''load alpha''button but then it says ''not yet implemented''... but maybe this isnt ab it though.im not sure honestly. this is odd but ty for replying and trying to help 🏵️

On 12/16/2022 at 3:32 AM, YaniiMarie said:

Yeah like others said, just make sure your alpha layer is on, depending on whichever body you're using. And when you add items, if they're objects, I prefer to right click and choose "add" rather than "wear", just so I don't risk replacing anything.

oh yes i was doing it like that too just as u said wanted to be cautious but i have no idea why this happens. which i remember this happening before too. firstly my chest'S shape was weird but i somehow just turn back to normal from avatar health but i dont think it works this time because not just the chest's shape, now the mesh body is acting weird... and ty for trying to help 🌸

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DrusaTheWicked said:

hello

im trying to use the item called ''helpless slave bento bom ruth'' and as i can see there's no issue with alpha cut when i open the alpha hud and click load alpha it says ''not yet implemented''.. and at very first this happened because my chest'S shape got weird all of a sudden too ugh this is odd idk but ty for replying 🌺

Well, if the item uses BOM (Avatar-Bakes On Mesh), then it would be normal that it doesn't come with an alpha layer. Your system body is automatically hidden while you're wearing an attachment with BOM.

But if this item (the body?) is supposed to work with BOM, and your system body is still showing, you've possibly changed the texture of your body. Maybe you clicked one of the skin options in your HUD. It's hard to help since we don't know anything about your attachments or that item name.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

Well, if the item uses BOM (Avatar-Bakes On Mesh), then it would be normal that it doesn't come with an alpha layer. Your system body is automatically hidden while you're wearing an attachment with BOM.

But if this item (the body?) is supposed to work with BOM, and your system body is still showing, you've possibly changed the texture of your body. Maybe you clicked one of the skin options in your HUD. It's hard to help since we don't know anything about your attachments or that item name.

I agree with this. If possible, could you send a screenshot of what your "Wearing" tab looks like? That may help.

But I played around with my mesh when I first got it and if you changed your skin at all in your HUD, it can poke through the BOM in a bunch of spots, depending on the shape. It also helps to know which mesh body you're using. I saw someone ask earlier, but I don't think I saw an answer. (But I could be blind. So if so, sorry 😧 )

4 hours ago, DrusaTheWicked said:

hello

im trying to use the item called ''helpless slave bento bom ruth'' and as i can see there's no issue with alpha ut when i open the alpha hud and click load alpha it says ''not yet implemented''.. and at very first this happened because my chest'S shape got weird all of a sudden too ugh this is odd idk but ty for replying 🌺

Which Brand of Mesh body do you wear?  Are you wearing a Ruth Mesh body and trying to wear a Ruth mesh Item?  Are you wearing a Maitreya mesh body and tryign to wear a Ruth mesh item?

We have to know what mesh body you started off with, before you tried to use the item you are using..

Also, the mesh body you started off with, was it already converted to Bakes on Mesh (BOM) or did you always have to use appliers  to wear items or change skins..

From the image you linked, it's hard to tell if you are just wearing something that is not rigged for your current body or if your current mesh body was BOM and reverted back to it's original state.

Or if you are wearing a system avatar and trying to wear a mesh item..

Without the popper information of what you started off with before wearing the item, it's hard to say what is going on.. The more details we have from what you started off with and what you are trying to accomplish, the more helpful it will be in helping you.:)

• Like 2

@DrusaTheWicked The Clothes have to be made for the body you are wearing. It looks like the dress is NOT made for the body you are wearing.

Slink clothes fit Slink bodies. Maitreya clothes fit the Maitreya body. Wear Maitreya clothes and a Slink body and body parts poke through the clothes. It would look similar to the picture you posted.

SL has many legacy 'features' that will seem confusing. Like why don't clothes just fit? THAT is a very long and technically complicated story. Suffice to say, "They don't."

You haven't said which body you are wearing, Mesh? Classic? So we can't give you specific help. You are new to the forum and probably SL. So you may not understand what we are saying. It can be complicated figuring out how avatars and clothes work as there are at least three generations of avatar and clothes and they all work differently but use similar jargon. Most people here don't really understand how this stuff works or how it evolved and thus mix terms across generations of body and clothes when they try to help. It is WAY confusing to new people.

Using the default SL viewer open the Outfits Panel. Select the WEARING tab. Take off or detach everything you can. You'll end up with three or four things you cannot remove. At this point you are looking at the Classic avatar aka Ruth/Roth. You may also click Develop in the top menu, or press Ctrl-Alt-Q to enable the menu item. Then DEVELOPE->AVATAR->CHARACTER TESTS and select male or female. This will give you a 'dressed' Classic avatar.

Currently the popular avatar is what we call a mesh avatar. But everything in SL is a mesh. What we mean is that we are WEARING (attaching) a mesh head and/or body over our classic head and body. Classic bodies use system layers. Here are some system layers:

image.png.790e32d07e2178e6d5c4d08820738430.png

Thee top 3 rows are system layers; a shirt, shoes, and underwear. The cubes are attachments. With a mesh head and body there will be an attachment (cube) for each.

Mesh bodies use Appliers or BOM. Newer ones are almost exclusively BOM. Appliers are common in SL. When mesh bodies and heads came out they were ALL using appliers. THe tech has lousy performance. BOM was created to improve performance. SO now we have applier bodies and applier+BOM bodies and just BOM bodies. Some use a HUD with alpha cuts. Others rely on system layer alphas. Mixing applier, BOM, alpha cuts and alpha layers can make a mess and get really confusing.

Hopefully with this information you can figure out which type of body you are wearing and may be even the brand. If not, just do a screen capture of your Wearing tab and paste it into a forum post. Then we can help.

image.png.8382a16767b2b6dd8b5fe47117608772.png

Use Windows Snipping Tool to capture the screen then paste it in a post here. Simple.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 545 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.