Premium Plus and the Parcel Directory Listing Fee

MinkBlueleaf Fyrewik

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 455 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I upgraded to the Premium Plus. For the past two weeks, Governor Linden has not been taking out the $L30 parcel directory fee like it used to. I double-checked to see if the box was still clicked on the parcel and it is. Is that parcel directory fee waived, because I'm Premium Plus or is it a glitch/oversight? I don't want to be caught unawares by an "in arrears" $L debt.

8 answers to this question

If it were a benefit of Premium Plus then I would think it likely that it would only work for land actually owned by a single account rather than group-owned which cuts out a lot of mainland owners who if they have PP are more likely to also have multiple parcels on mainland and have them group owned.

In case it's not obvious why it isn't likely it would be for group land as well, it's because groups don't have subscriptions, only avatar accounts do.  LL could have made it so that any Premium Plus tier contributor in the group would confer this benefit though but it doesn't seem likely to me as it confers it for all members essentially and not just the paying member.  Which in a group-owned situation could also mean multiple real owners too instead of just alts.

On balance, I would also say it looks like a glitch.

Edited by Gabriele Graves

1 hour ago, QueenLalamarie said:

I have a question for you, can I exchange my Linden house for my own land? If so, how can I buy it and where,

Yes indeed.  If you already have a Linden Home, you may abandon it at any time by checking the Abandon Land box in About Land >> General.. It would be very smart to pick up all of your belongings in the parcel first, of course. Then you may use your Land Fee waiver either to request a different Linden Home or to apply toward the monthly land fees for any parcel of land that you own on the Mainland estate. When you buy a mainland parcel, any unused Land Fee waiver that you may have will be applied automatically to it, so you don't need to do any special bookkeeping.

Hi @QueenLalamarie! You can use your Premium land tier benefit for a Linden Home, or you can buy up to 1024 square meters anywhere on the Mainland, and you won't be charged the monthly tier fee for it. To get rid of your current Linden Home, see here:

Once you've done that, you need to find and buy your new land parcel. You can find land for sale with two tools, the world map and Search. If you check "Land for Sale" in the map legend, parcels for sale will show up in yellow. You can also use Search to look for parcels. You can set parameters such as the parcel size, whether is it Mainland or a Private Estate, and price range.

Using these tools, find 1024 square meter parcels for sale. Visit them and inspect them carefully. Check the Maturity Level. You can't change this, so be sure it is the level you want. If you like it and it's in your price range, right click the ground, choose About Land, and click the Buy This Land button. Note, you are buying the land from the current owner. This is a one time purchase, a different thing from monthly land fees. Prices vary enormously. Plain, undistinguished land may be priced at L$ 1 per sq. m. or even less, while waterfront land on navigable ocean can be L$ 25 per sq. m. or more.

See this article:

You can also bid on land parcels in land auctions. You can find those on this web site, under the Buy Land top row menu item on your Dashboard page. New parcels are listed every day at about noon SL time.

Here's the official scoop on auctions:

I suggest you do these steps in this order: 1. Do your land search and find the parcel you want, THEN 2. Abandon your current Linden Home, and finally 3. Buy the new property. That way you won't be wandering around homeless while you're looking for your new place.

Edited by Lindal Kidd

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 455 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.