Land Question

carrieanne755

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 523 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

You can buy mainland parcels, but you have to be at least a PLUS member to do so. The new PLUS membership (around US$65 per year) with 512 sqm of tier free... - 16 x 16 sqm. Otherwise your only option is renting.

Other than auctions, you can find an abandoned piece of land you like, and send a ticket into SL asking to purchase that. Quite often (in my experience) they will set that land or the piece of it you want for sale to you - for L$1 per sqm, so a 16 x 16m would cost you L$512.

You would need to pay a monthly tier on the land extra to the 512 sqm tier free that comes with PLUS membership.

ETA: You can also buy land from other residents. (Think of it more as a transfer of land). I think you can see it what's for sale on world map by checking the box for that. Prices will vary widely! You will still have to pay tier to Linden Lab monthly on land purchased in this manner.

ETA: to remove implying PREMIUM membership is required.

Edited by Emma Krokus
  • Like 2

57 minutes ago, carrieanne755 said:

Is there any way to buy land not through the auctions? I can't find anything I like. Are there people who sell private land? I rent a parcel right now but would love to own a piece of land. Thanks in advance!

[edit as Emma was faster :)  also this}
you can buy private estate regions directly from LL, but only whole ones, no parcels. For these you don't need to have a premium membership subscription. The initial price and monthly maintenance fees are directly paid to LL.

If you are premium member. you can buy mainland by parcels or rarer, full mainlandregion. You pay this by monthly tiers to LL. The prices depend on the size of the parcels and waht the seller wants... some are absurd/others reasonable.

a third options is what you do now, rent on a estate/private region ( or sometimes mainland rental from a resident)

Mainland parcels for sale are easy to find in the search in the viewer, or here in the landsale sections on the forum. If you want a more free look or specific location, use the map in the vieuwer, you can see all for sale mainland parcels marked as yellow.

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Like 2

And now you do not have to be Premium, but you do still need a membership. You can just buy the Plus membership, but that only gives you 512 sqm of free tier, whereas regular Premium gets 1024 free tier and Premium Plus gets 2048 free tier.

https://accounts.secondlife.com/change_membership

image.thumb.png.9e7a4d4cce76f485535dee44110fc621.png

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 523 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.