Discount Mesh Head Alert!

Blaise Glendevon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 534 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Logo's newest mesh head is on sale for $399 for the full-pack, including animations until the end of November. Also, in an exciting development, Maxmillian Grant says that there should be an update this weekend that will make the head EvoX compatible. So, anyone kitting out a new female avatar could possibly have a face and skin for under $L 500 depending on what's up during the weekend sales. 

LOGO Paris Advanced Head - PROMO!

I love that cupid's bow, and if I can scale down the lower lip satisfactorily, I will definitely pick it up. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

I demo'd it days ago and I can't remember what was wrong with it, but it was a big no for me. I think I was trying out the advanced animation version (which they say is for photography and does not respond to sliders). I gave up before trying on the standard. Lemme go try it on again and see what I didn't like about it.

Back in a bit!

Okay, I remember what the issue was. 

The button to enable BOM in the HUD wasn't working for me at all, so I couldn't try it on with my preferred skins. The HD skin buttons work, but none of them are anywhere near my current skin tone and there are no fantasy ones to try out. Since I'm all in on BOM, though, that didn't really matter. All the other buttons seem to work (except hiding the ears), so who knows if that's just a demo limitation or something.

Second issue, massive glitching around my left eye. It flickers as if two heads are clashing (it's not the eyes - took em off and it's worse) - maybe because I'm up in a skybox, but none of my other heads do this, so it was an immediate nope before I even opened the standard head folder. That could be on me, but I just didn't feel like troubleshooting anything.

a38386ff625473f77a5d87a81e37b47c.png

Edit: Fixed the BOM issue. Had to first disable the HD skin option (totally missed the button next to it). Also fixed the ear issue - had to disable those too before they'd hide.

The glitching is still a thing, though.

Edited by Ayashe Ninetails
Added infos

33 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

The button to enable BOM in the HUD wasn't working for me at all, so I couldn't try it on with my preferred skins. The HD skin buttons work, but none of them are anywhere near my current skin tone and there are no fantasy ones to try out. Since I'm all in on BOM, though, that didn't really matter. All the other buttons seem to work (except hiding the ears), so who knows if that's just a demo limitation or something.

I can't see the button to enable BOM on the HUD, I have disabled HD skin but it is not showing up, can you tell me where it is please?

8 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

It will be interesting if that turns out to be just because you're up in the skybox.  I always forget about skybox effects, except for reading about them here on the Forums.

Guess what? I'm a complete derp and was demoing an entirely different head. I had on Paris. I *think* the discounted one is Veronica. Don't even quote me. I'm obviously not credible, LOL.

That said, the glitching on Paris does remain, but it's less noticeable with BOM properly enabled. I did not detect any glitching on Veronica, so that's a plus. Still, I can't really justify getting it. I don't like the shape (or how it shapes) and I'm still waiting to see if some creature or critter heads drop in price for Black Friday.

It's a decent deal for newbies, though. Especially if it does get an Evo X update.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Guess what? I'm a complete derp and was demoing an entirely different head. I had on Paris. I *think* the discounted one is Veronica. Don't even quote me. I'm obviously not credible, LOL.

That said, the glitching on Paris does remain, but it's less noticeable with BOM properly enabled. I did not detect any glitching on Veronica, so that's a plus. Still, I can't really justify getting it. I don't like the shape (or how it shapes) and I'm still waiting to see if some creature or critter heads drop in price for Black Friday.

It's a decent deal for newbies, though. Especially if it does get an Evo X update.

Honestly I think that demo is broken or something.

75% of the nose adjustments do nothing.. I mean even doing crooked nose adjustment, it moves the upper lip and nothing on the nose.. hehehe

I just kind of quit there and gonna wait and see if they have a demo when it gets updated.I never seen that  before on any heads, even on their older heads.

Their older head shape so well and i remember that being a big reason I went with them.. This one doesn't shape anything at all close to what their older heads do that I have..

I really think the demo is broke or maybe they uploaded the wrong version or something.. Something totally doesn't feel right with it..

2 hours ago, Stephanie Misfit said:

Put one of my alts in it, I am very happy with it for the price, and will be even happier if it gets Evo X compatibility. By the way that hair is from Kuni and they are having a 75L sale right now on everything in their store.

Snapshot_871.jpg

Did you try the demo? Does the demo shape different than the full version?

I'm really curious now, because I couldn't get the demo in the nose to do anything reasonable to shaping at all..

35 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Honestly I think that demo is broken or something.

75% of the nose adjustments do nothing.. I mean even doing crooked nose adjustment, it moves the upper lip and nothing on the nose.. hehehe

I just kind of quit there and gonna wait and see if they have a demo when it gets updated.I never seen that  before on any heads, even on their older heads.

Their older head shape so well and i remember that being a big reason I went with them.. This one doesn't shape anything at all close to what their older heads do that I have..

I really think the demo is broke or maybe they uploaded the wrong version or something.. Something totally doesn't feel right with it..

The one thing I noticed is Paris had a "standard" head version included in the demo package. My Veronica only had the "advanced" version. The major difference - the Advanced will *not* shape in any real way. It's just not very well mapped to the sliders. It's designed that way on purpose - if you peek at the notecard included, it states it's best for photography and things like that. You can't really shape the head because the animations are very detailed. I suppose that's why there are lip shapes included within the HUD itself.

The standard version of the head has basic/normal animations, and it will shape via sliders. The notecard included with Veronica states the standard head will be included, but it didn't come in my demo package for some reason (unless I deleted it? I couldn't find one in my inventory), so I couldn't really test out the shaping.

The animations are really, really nice, but not nice enough to give up having a unique face.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

The one thing I noticed is Paris had a "standard" head version included in the demo package. My Veronica only had the "advanced" version. The major difference - the Advanced will *not* shape in any real way. It's just not very well mapped to the sliders. It's designed that way on purpose - if you peek at the notecard included, it states it's best for photography and things like that. You can't really shape the head because the animations are very detailed. I suppose that's why there are lip shapes included within the HUD itself.

The standard version of the head has basic/normal animations, and it will shape via sliders. The notecard included with Veronica states the standard head will be included, but it didn't come in my demo package for some reason (unless I deleted it? I couldn't find one in my inventory), so I couldn't really test out the shaping.

The animations are really, really nice, but not nice enough to give up having a unique face.

I knew something had to be up with that head.. I was kind of worried for them for a bit there.. LOL

I remember seeing that other head in there now.. hehehe  I'm gonna give that one a try..

Thank you for clearing that up for me.. :)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I knew something had to be up with that head.. I was kind of worried for them for a bit there.. LOL

I remember seeing that other head in there now.. hehehe  I'm gonna give that one a try..

Thank you for clearing that up for me.. :)

Yup yup! Definitely check the display ad and make sure you'll get both versions. Oh and test out the animation HUD. They're good! I just want more flexibility in the sliders and the standard version might not make enough stupid faces for me to have on all the time, LOL.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Yup yup! Definitely check the display ad and make sure you'll get both versions. Oh and test out the animation HUD. They're good! I just want more flexibility in the sliders and the standard version might not make enough stupid faces for me to have on all the time, LOL.

I'm just gonna wait until they get a demo out of the updated head.. hehehe

I put the standard one on and  clicked the bom button and seen it's other steps to get that going..  I just want to see what the one that is gonna be the final product is gonna do..  I'm wasting a lot of time on a head I'm probably not gonna get anyways.. lol

Just now, Ceka Cianci said:

I'm just gonna wait until they get a demo out of the updated head.. hehehe

I put the standard one on and  clicked the bom button and seen it's other steps to get that going..  I just want to see what the one that is gonna be the final product is gonna do..  I'm wasting a lot of time on a head I'm probably not gonna get anyways.. lol

Lol, I hear ya. The last thing I need is another human head just for it to sit and collect dust until I find a good fantasy skin to toss on it. I already have a folder full of those.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 534 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.