BUMP MAP PROBLEM

Mat Kungler

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 551 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Wulfie.

1 - Yes, i get a the new copy and have same problem.

2 - in the HUD of Legacy Athletic from The Mesh project have the option: SHINE and BUMP

3 - No, i cant not made it, becouse the mesh body is no modify.

I try  reset the mesh body, the light effects, the grafics on SL, install again the adrenaline, reset the conf of adrenaline and nothing.

BUT.... i check the mesh body legacy and the body have 4 layers base to use. (i dont know wy)

1 layber base to use defoult legacy skin. (this option use shine and bump option to have a max quality of texture and shadow body, but have the bug)

1 layer to use skin of the other store in the "your style" (option in the HUD) (this option dont work BUMP and shine to have a more quality of details skins and shadows0.

1 layer to use tattoo

1 layer to use socks and anything

1 another layer to use maybe, body hair.

If you are getting a new copy out of the box and aren't turning on the layers in any way, then it might be a BOM layer you're wearing?  Check your worn tab.  Take off any tattoos, body enhancements, system layers, etc.

ETA.  Did you try Reset on the HUD?  At the bottom...

740408856_R(10).thumb.png.fa5627d39a8e3e0826a418bbce377aff.png

Edited by Rowan Amore

31 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

If you are getting a new copy out of the box and aren't turning on the layers in any way, then it might be a BOM layer you're wearing?  Check you worn tab.  Take off any tattoos, body enhancements, system layers, etc.

i dont use boom in the legacy. i use the default skin of the legacy. and is on the layer of the default skin the problem. i try remove all itens and nothing. the mesh body store dont know the issue.

I believe it's a second life setting in the graphics, that I can't find to fix or in the AMD adrenaline settings.

i have 16gb ram

ryzen 5600G vega 7 with adrenalibe version 22.10.3

i play another games in high grafics and the SL continue the same #@$#@

Edited by Mat Kungler

4 minutes ago, Mat Kungler said:

i dont use boom in the legacy. i use the default skin. and is on the layer of the default skin the problem.

I believe it's a second life setting in the graphics, that I can't find to fix or in the AMD adrenaline settings.

And did you try resetting on the HUD?  Turn off bump and shine?  Clearing all the layers?   A process of elimination is needed.

1 minute ago, Mat Kungler said:

yes, i do it all. and install and uninstall the SL and the grafic drives.

Can we see a.picture once all the layers are cleared.and bump/shine turned off?  I notice the issue is where the bottom layer and top layer meet.  Does it still show when the tattoo is removed?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rowan Amore said:

Can we see a.picture once all the layers are cleared.and bump/shine turned off?  I notice the issue is where the bottom layer and top layer meet.  Does it still show when the tattoo is removed?

yes, the problem continue without tatoo. without shine and bump is normal, i dont see the problem but dont have skin and shadow effects.

i use shine and bump in the aestheitc niramyth and dont have problem. the textures perfect and effects.

7 minutes ago, Mat Kungler said:

yes, the problem continue without tatoo. without shine and bump is normal, i dont see the problem but dont have skin and shadow effects.

i use shine and bump in the aestheitc niramyth and dont have problem. the textures perfect and effects.

My guess is the tattoo layer is messing up the shine on the body since the layer is applied over the skin

If you really need to see if bump mapping is working for you, go to "Bug Island/146/20/27". This is a Linden test region for viewer developers, open to the public.

normalmaptest.thumb.png.b5578e537a35b41be593b4eb8ae78e13.png

If it looks like this, normal/bump maps are working. If ALM is off, the big embossed numbers will disappear completely.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

34 minutes ago, animats said:

If you really need to see if bump mapping is working for you, go to "Bug Island/146/20/27". This is a Linden test region for viewer developers, open to the public.

normalmaptest.thumb.png.b5578e537a35b41be593b4eb8ae78e13.png

If it looks like this, normal/bump maps are working. If ALM is off, the big embossed numbers will disappear completely.

work better for me, but the bug continue on my body

Have you tried different applier skins from other brands to see if it is the skin itself or tried to see if it happens in BOM?

Also, are all your AO's or anything causing an animation to run, detached?  If you have anything on I would detach any AO's of any kind and then do an avatar undeform, which you will fined under the avatar menu and then avatar health menu..

Also , I'm not sure how tall your avatar is, but I do know that with my Maitreya body.. I do get a pinch like that on the sides of my body above the hips if my torso length is not high enough.. An animation  or deformer could cause something like that to happen..

Also, did you recently update your viewers?

I'm just putting more things to check if you haven't already..

3 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Have you tried different applier skins from other brands to see if it is the skin itself or tried to see if it happens in BOM?

Also, are all your AO's or anything causing an animation to run, detached?  If you have anything on I would detach any AO's of any kind and then do an avatar undeform, which you will fined under the avatar menu and then avatar health menu..

Also , I'm not sure how tall your avatar is, but I do know that with my Maitreya body.. I do get a pinch like that on the sides of my body above the hips if my torso length is not high enough.. An animation  or deformer could cause something like that to happen..

Also, did you recently update your viewers?

I'm just putting more things to check if you haven't already..

i use the defaul skin of the legady boby wy have a high quality in the skin. the bom dont have a high quality.

without HUD to edit the avatar high.

yes, i see in the Bug Island/146/20/27 and my drives and SL drives is OK. only problem is the body.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 551 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.