Quick Land Questions

gregthos

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 547 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

6 answers to this question

A lot of the land under water cannot be raised enough to make it appear above land.  Most of mainland has -4m/+4m limits to raising.  Unfortunately it can be really hard to know when buying what is the situation without getting the person selling to show you.

What people do when they cannot raise the land enough is build an island or base of some sort to go on top of the water.  Another option is a stilt-style house with decking.

Edited by Gabriele Graves
Change -40m/+40m to -4m/+4m
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, gregthos said:

If I win a Linden Auction for a parcel....

1. How do if it's Mainland or are all Linden auctions on Mainland?

2. Do I then have full rights? Like teraforming, estate rights, etc?

Thank you for any information you can offer. :)

All Linden auctions are on Mainland at this point. (Whatever happened to user-to-user auctions, by the way?)

You have all the rights of owning that mainland parcel. You can subdivide, resell, rent, etc.

"Estate rights" are for when you own an entire region.

If terraforming is allowed in the region, you can terraform. Some regions have a limit on how much you can raise or lower land. That's common in "urban" areas - Bay City, Kama City, etc. Limits are in the "region details" tab.

44 minutes ago, animats said:

All Linden auctions are on Mainland at this point. (Whatever happened to user-to-user auctions, by the way?)

You have all the rights of owning that mainland parcel. You can subdivide, resell, rent, etc.

"Estate rights" are for when you own an entire region.

If terraforming is allowed in the region, you can terraform. Some regions have a limit on how much you can raise or lower land. That's common in "urban" areas - Bay City, Kama City, etc. Limits are in the "region details" tab.

Just adding to this that some areas of mainland also have blocks on subdividing as well as terraforming.

49 minutes ago, gregthos said:

Firstly thanks man, I appreciate you. I checked as you said and Block Terraform is not checked so I am assuming I can. I asked that because the land is currently under water so I am assuming it can be raised. 

most mainland parcels have a limit of +4 and - 4 meters  terraforming reach from the original design. If the land is under water, and already at the max rise, you'r out of luck.
You can however put a platform on the water and build on that.

Edited by Alwin Alcott

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 547 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.