Inventory Shopping Challenge

Maitimo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 591 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So in another thread someone asked how many pairs of shoes we have and I counted, and realised that I have way too many, the majority of which I never actually wear. So this gave me the idea for a challenge.  Go through your inventory, look for clothing you own but have never actually worn, even something you've bought months ago but not unpacked yet. Put an outfit together comprised of only never-worn clothing and accessories, and let's see what you discover?  Tell us where the items are from if you can and, most importantly, did you find something you'll wear again?

I decided to go with something formal, because I hardly ever go anywhere formal and when I do, I wear just my one favourite dress. So I picked another at random, and the first one I got was this. It's from MH Unique and I think it was from a couple of years ago, almost certainly a discount deal or group gift because I generally find their stuff too expensive.  I really like this one though, and that dusky blue colour is lovely.

I paired it with some sandals from Patty CK: I visit this store every week for their L$30 / L$35 / L$55 weekend sales, usually for casual outfits, they occasionally have shoes. 

The choker necklace is by Chop Zuey and was from Free Dove, years ago.

I changed my hair too, and chose the Eternity updo from Truth which I don't think I've ever worn because I have Poetry from there which Ilike better. My Truth folder has been relegated to division 2 because I don't like the reds textures that much, so if I do wear Truth at all, I always wear it in blonde. But I'm nearly always in Magika or Doux these days.

M22_321.thumb.jpg.4ec83886e77fd126cc6425532e0af893.jpg

Would I wear these again? The dress, certainly. The hair, probably. The shoes and necklace, probably not; I have much nicer ones that would go better with the dress than these do.  I'd probably wear the shoes with something a bit more casual though.

So, let's see what you find...

• Like 6

Hah, nearly everything in my inventory is something I've not worn before, because I recently came back after a few years absence and I've been raiding every group gift and freebie I can find. I'm trying to do a "Look of the Day" for every day (when I log in, which isn't every day).

22_029.thumb.jpg.8d46dc1e201eef72e6f9b364019b53b7.jpg

The dress and shoes are from the Free Dove (Dress is by Ydea) and the leggings are a marketplace dollarbie from Addams.

I probably won't wear the dress again because it glitches with my hair. And it's only in this one colour. The leggings, certainly, and the shoes - maybe, until I find some better ones. The colours in the hud kind of suck, except for the black and white ones. 

• Like 4

Ok I went through my inventory and found some things I haven't worn or used in awhile and of course I came up with something weird but I think it works..

A l ot of it isn't that old since I tend to delete things I haven't worn if I can find them and decide I really don't like them.

The dress was a Shop & Hop gift... from??

The mask is from a gacha I think , it's from 2015 but I have no idea when I acquired it or how.

goth beach_019 (2).png

• Like 3

I dug through my inventory and did something different..

I realized I'm pretty good about deleting things I don't really wear (except accessories those I can't bear to delete even if I haven't worn them , I always have plans that never happen) so a lot of stuff isn't old or I've worn it several times.

Although I don't think I've ever worn the shoes before. They are from Empire, Shorts are Addams, top is Never, hair is a Pride at Home gift, tattoos are by Nylon Outfitters, necklace by Yummy.

manicure by Alaskametro and then the make up is appliers and I forgot...manicure is on the bottom because I took a picture realized I had accidentally taken it off and then uploaded the wrong close up picture.

goth beach_022 (2).png

goth beach_024 (2).png

Edited by MillyWH
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 591 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.