We need a better system for residents to vote names- system link at login would be great.

NevaehHeartstrings

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 610 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Carry over from another thread

I  tried to give another name on the list the benefit of the possibilities now it turns out Throgmorton is just another weak undesirable name.

We need a better system for residents to vote/suggest names, a system link in the viewer at login would be great or a certain time every month with an email .  it feels like someone/somebody's are just trolling LL at this point in name selection.

These would be OK to me. Budda, Vanille, Fashionista, Royal,  Adara, Adeela, Diva,Targaryen,Daenerys, Antoinette,Valentina, Heartstrings, Heartbreaker, Gardner, Mogul, Highroller, Millionaire, Soundproof, Jaded, Witch, Innocent, Bigheart, FastFingers, Queen, Fancy, Sinister, Sisterhood, Downlow, Slim, Empathy, Songstress, Virginity, Callgirl, PutinsBrain, Tweety, Sweety, Agent, Breathless,  Churros, Seamstress, Honeybee, Wasp, Landlord, Hornet,Timeless, Colorblind, Truthseeker, Lovemachine(Philip Reference) Ebbe(Dedicated to the late CEO)

Edited by NevaehHeartstrings
Added some Clarity
  • Haha 1

• NevaehHeartstrings changed the title to We need a better system for residents to vote names- system link at login would be great.

I'm probably about to talk a load of codswallop, but I would think before any last names are introduced that Linden Lab have to go through some kind of process so they don't breach any copyrights or offend anyone, although I seem to recall someone used to frequent these forums with the first name of Dogboat, which I think means something that could offend someone. 

(Oh why don't I just sit on my hands?!)

Sooo Linden Lab's current way of enabling residents to suggest last names is acceptable I think, except it's not in a very public place, so yes, I agree with you that an email now and then to remind people they can make suggestions for last names and a winning suggestion bags them a last name of their choice free of charge as is the case now. 

(Link at the bottom of this article)

I can't see them adding Virginity as a surname any time soon.

And some of your other suggestions may already have been used in the past. Linden Lab say they won't be bringing any past legacy names back, but they might change their mind on that. (They changed their mind about losing the last name and brought that back after all.) Link below is a list of all previous last names that were available at one time or another.

https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Current_Last_Names

Edited by Marigold Devin

1 hour ago, Marigold Devin said:

I'm probably about to talk a load of codswallop, but I would think before any last names are introduced that Linden Lab have to go through some kind of process so they don't breach any copyrights or offend anyone, although I seem to recall someone used to frequent these forums with the first name of Dogboat, which I think means something that could offend someone. 

(Oh why don't I just sit on my hands?!)

Sooo Linden Lab's current way of enabling residents to suggest last names is acceptable I think, except it's not in a very public place, so yes, I agree with you that an email now and then to remind people they can make suggestions for last names and a winning suggestion bags them a last name of their choice free of charge as is the case now. 

(Link at the bottom of this article)

1 hour ago, Marigold Devin said:

I can't see them adding Virginity as a surname any time soon.

And some of your other suggestions may already have been used in the past. Linden Lab say they won't be bringing any past legacy names back, but they might change their mind on that. (They changed their mind about losing the last name and brought that back after all.) Link below is a list of all previous last names that were available at one time or another.

https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Current_Last_Names

I think you misunderstand I was giving feedback to LL not asking for any help in a resident to resident discussion.

The Virginity statement you edited out, I can't help you if your offended and don't understand the history of the word and that you don't realize some people might hold it as a title of honor & commitment . yes they likely would not choose it, as things were just thrown out there comparing it to Throgmorton but it would not take much to point such a name better then Throgmorton.

Feedback to LL is all the thread was about.

Edited by NevaehHeartstrings
Added Context
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

4 minutes ago, NevaehHeartstrings said:

I think you misunderstand I was giving feedback to LL not asking for any help in a resident to resident discussion.

The Virginity statement you edited out, I can't help you if your offended and don't understand the history of the word and that you don't realize some people might hold it as a title of honor & commitment . yes they likely would not choose it, as things were just thrown out there comparing it to Throgmorton but it would not take much to point such a name better then Throgmorton.

Yes, I misunderstood your intention.

But it's a forum, and there was the facility to give a response, and I gave my response.

I thought you might be interested to read the full list of all the other names that had already been suggested. Knowledge is power and all that. 

Do you really think Linden Lab read much of what we write on here anyway? Because I don't think they do. 

The Virginity statement - I have misunderstood you again here - I have edited nothing out. Do you mean the remark I made about your suggestion for Virginity as a last name? I am not in the slightest bit offended by the word - you have misunderstood me, but I know for absolute sure that there is no way Linden Lab are ever going to even consider having the word Virginity as a last name. Think about that. 

What sort of first names would people put with that do you think? 

Popmy 

Losingmy 

Hopeless

What the heck is wrong with the name Throgmorten anyway? I've misunderstood you there too. 

Its a forum. I'm forumming. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, NevaehHeartstrings said:

LL doesn't necessarily even read the forums unless.they are specifically tagged.  A forum, by definition, is a place to discuss and exchange ideas.  

If you'd like a new feature in regards to name changes, file a new feature request in a jira.

• Like 3

What is the forum feedback section for from the pinned message...

Allowed:
We encourage you to participate by posting anything related to feedback for the Forums, desired forum features, as well as content requests for the Forums, Answers, and Knowledge Base community pages. These are just guidelines, so please use your best judgment when posting if it is not explicitly stated here!

Not Allowed:
In addition to adhering to the Community Standards, please refrain from posting content containing Second Life viewer feature requests, feedback regarding specific Forum threads, etc. These are just guidelines, so please use your best judgment when posting if it is not explicitly stated here! 

• Thanks 1

• Moles

I have locked this thread because it does not follow the topic guidelines for this subforum. Topics for Forums Feedback include "anything related to feedback for the Forums, desired forum features, as well as content requests for the Forums, Answers, and Knowledge Base community pages." A discussion of avatar names does not fit that description. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 610 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.