Steam still lists Secondlife.

bigmoe Whitfield

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 397 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

The update also affected 35 other packages.

https://steamdb.info/faq/#changenumber

"App and package updates do not even have to be related to the app/package itself as Valve does periodical changes to a batch of apps/packages. For a changenumber to change on an app that hasn't been active in months, it's more likely a useless change rather than a sign of life."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 6 months later...
24 minutes ago, bigmoe Whitfield said:

well someone is still updating it.

14 March 2023 – 23:23:27 UTC (12 days ago)

That change affected over 37'000 apps, including games that I personally know no longer exist / are valid. (Like the Anomaly 2 multiplayer beta... the full game was released in 2013. Or The Division 1 Beta which was held in 2016.)

https://steamdb.info/changelist/18076822/

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Solar Legion said:

Second Life on Steam died quite some time ago. Any "change" registered by such a website is absolutely  meaningless.

Second Life is not going to return to nor be on Steam.

Move on and let it go.

Oh I let it go, I'm just keeping tabs on it, no harm in that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is because steam still keeps the ID, game community HUB, screenshots, DLCs IDs, hrs of usage of the program/game/movie as archive and proof that an account played and brough or added(in the case of f2p tittles) the license .

Why because some people payed/added/etc the product to their accounts and in rare cases the devs/publisher still allow them to access and play the content and servers as example Athem from EA, the first watch dogs from ubisoft or fallguys from the same dev/publisher. But it is no longer available for new users/costumers in the store to get it.

Sure this no means SL its gonna get re-release in steam that's up to the devs if they see a market opportunity in that distribution platform and if it ever gets re-release again the program will get assigned a new ID, community hub,etc and cannot use the old ones it had in the past.

10 hours ago, Solar Legion said:

There is nothing to keep tabs  on .

Feel free to waste your time if you wish.

but for me it is something to keep tabs on,  always curious when a platform/game I use gets a random update on steamdb.   plus let's others know that might be a nerd like I am lol.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 397 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.