Governance's position on sharing your accounts' names and passwords with a third party bot service versus SL's ToS.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 628 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So in the last SL University video @Tommy Linden of Governance said "Don't share your account with anybody for any reason." and that it is a ToS violation.

Wouldn't that mean that most of the Smartbots users are violating the ToS?

Most Smartbots users, the ones that do not rent any the few bots that are provided by Smartbots, have to create their own accounts, provide their names and passwords to the Smartbots service in order for the bots to be logged on/off on the account owner's behalf.

Can we please get an official word from Governance mentioning if this is acceptable or frowned upon but will not/never result in disciplinary action?

Thanks.

Edited by Lucia Nightfire
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• Administrators

I can't promise that something would never/not be actioned. As with any scenario we would review the matter and decide what, if any action should be taken.

That being said, when it comes to account sharing, and the way we approach it, if we determine it warrants any action it would come in the form of education first, no one is going to lose their account right out the gate for something of this nature as often times it is done without someone realizing they shouldn't be doing it.

@Gwin LeShelleI hope you got your homework done! lol, I am really not that intimidating though, I promise!

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 628 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.