Text to speech application for Second Life

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 468 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

For Windows as far as I'm aware there is only radigast viewer that will do text to speech. Microsoft also has a speech to text although that would take a little bit of fiddling to get working.

For Android, there is a mobile viewer called Lumiya, which has the Google speech to text engine and works quite well. Text to speech would have to be fiddled with but for Android that shouldn't be too big of a problem.

• Like 1

You could try having something read the chat log file produced by the viewer.  It gets appended to very quickly when text chat is received.

Can screen readers read terminal windows?  Linux has a utility called tail.

Windows Power Shell has Get-Content <filespec> –Wait .

Edited by Ardy Lay

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/10/2022 at 12:35 PM, Kimmi Zehetbauer said:

I have Jaws text-to-speech reader on my machine.  I used it when I did websites for a community centre I used to volunteer at ages ago.  I tried it with SL, it works on the FireStorm client, but chokes on the official client.

ok have to installed, how to get it to work on Firestorm

On 8/10/2022 at 12:30 PM, Arielle Popstar said:

For Windows as far as I'm aware there is only radigast viewer that will do text to speech. Microsoft also has a speech to text although that would take a little bit of fiddling to get working.

For Android, there is a mobile viewer called Lumiya, which has the Google speech to text engine and works quite well. Text to speech would have to be fiddled with but for Android that shouldn't be too big of a problem.

where is the setting for text to speech installed but could not see it in setting

2 hours ago, abrahamjacobs2 said:

where is the setting for text to speech installed but could not see it in setting

I downloaded it after your comment to check and though it used to have it a number of years back, verified by the Radegast Wiki and Inana Prey's writing on it back in 2016

"A subject of reviews in this blog, Radegast is a lightweight, extensible client which has been the ideal foundation for the disabled communities to build upon. It boasts an impressive set of speech to text and text to speech integrations and can be integrated with other devices such as braille screen readers."  https://modemworld.me/2016/11/26/radegast-recovering-voice-capabilities/ 

I could not find how to activate it and noticed the documentation pages were 404 so no help there. Hopefully someone else can pipe in if there is a plugin that needs to be installed for it to work. Not sure if the developer @Cinder Roxley maintaining it comes to these boards or not, so you may have to contact her another way.

• Sad 1

• 4 months later...

Hiya
Sad to hear.
Maybe this will help a SL T2S client.
Lightweight and tested ( not my code but I did watch it carefully and have a dig) 
IDOBATA2 - Text chat to speech tool - (kanae.net)
It want to be registered but seems to be ok without.
Also. the best place to get better voices is here.  They do 30 day trials - cost e30
Best wishes and fare well
Fiona Beta

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 468 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.