English Country Fashion

HSHPrincessofCarlisne

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 626 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello, everyone; 

I was wondering if there were any stores, items or Flickr pages for SL that were good for an English countryside theme or setting; I see quite a few sims with this setting, but I have quite a bit of trouble finding items of this style - I invariably end up in the equestrian stores or find a tweed or tartan blazer or skirt every now and then which only vaguely fits the theme. The jackets can be particularly difficult to find; I'm looking for a slightly more masculine style for women. I wear pencil skirts daily as part of my style; it's difficult to find matching skirts, but I could go for breeches or tight pants/leggings like in the photo.

Personally, the closest I've found are these items, but I'm not looking for something cute in particular or anything that overtly screams "equestrian". That being said, I'm very much about power dressing; a hunting/shooting style outfit would do nicely.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/ZenithVintage-Coat-with-Leather-Bag-Choco-Maitreya/14445513

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Alex-Open-Chester-Coat-Wool-All/6657975

Thank you,

- Charlotte Sinclair

English Country Fashion.jpg

Edited by LottaSinclair
  • Like 2

In general the small the audience for a particular genre the less items you will find.   I can't remember seeing anything similar to your photos so I am guessing items will be VERY hard to find.   This equates very well with our corporeal lives where I am having one "H" of a time finding anything that I want to buy or keep LOL.   Your best bet would be roleplay creators and events, but again -- I can't remember seeing anything like you pictured. Doesn't mean it isn't there of course.

Good luck. 

I tried a Marketplace search for Apparel -> Women's -> Outerwear, then put "tweed" in the search window. This brought up 22 pages with some decent-looking jackets. Try that and then repeat for pants. Also try for Skirts with "plaid" in the search window.

Edited by Persephone Emerald

1 hour ago, Chic Aeon said:

In general the small the audience for a particular genre the less items you will find.   I can't remember seeing anything similar to your photos so I am guessing items will be VERY hard to find.   This equates very well with our corporeal lives where I am having one "H" of a time finding anything that I want to buy or keep LOL.   Your best bet would be roleplay creators and events, but again -- I can't remember seeing anything like you pictured. Doesn't mean it isn't there of course.

Good luck. 

Yes, as I've said there's plenty of equestrian attire but I've found there to be far fewer items with a similar theme outside of the equestrian setting. 

42 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

I tried a Marketplace search for Apparel -> Women's -> Outerwear, then put "tweed" in the search window. This brought up 22 pages with some decent-looking jackets. Try that and then repeat for pants. Also try for Skirts with "plaid" in the search window.

With the jackets, have you seen many that look like the ones in my photos that include something worn underneath it? There's a lot of outfits that are open jackets that leave a good part of your torso exposed without pairing it with a top beneath it, which can be very challenging with mesh, which leaves appliers and system layers as the other solution. Once I find some good jackets, I'll look for plaid leggings or skirts, although most of these outfits aren't made with skirts in mind, so there can often be a lot of issues with clipping. Some of the first few in the 2nd row look somewhat tempting, as does the hacking jackets from the equestrian shop, Ladies' Pleasure.

Edited by LottaSinclair
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Josephine Carissa said:

Hello Lotta,

I was thinking maybe "S@bba" might have something for you.

S@BBiA::Chester Coat with Sweater&Skirt (Demo)

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/SBBiAChester-Coat-with-SweaterSkirt-Demo/10718408

if i see anything else i'll post it here.

Josephine

Thank you, Josephine. Incidentally I have been looking for a coat just like that, separately!

But yes, it's the tweeds, plaids and tartans, the men's style blazers for women in earthy colours (preferably closed) I have my eye on today ;)

I should probably look for a feathered hat too...

Edited by LottaSinclair
  • Like 2

Thank you everyone for your suggestions; 

I appreciate your efforts;

Josephine, incidentally I happen to already have that trench coat, the Eloise in Herringbone, although I am certainly looking for coats with a fur collar trim, separately. I might make a separate post for that at some point in time. ;)

I very much prefer more form fitting, fitted coats close to the leg, in line with my pencil skirts and pencil dresses rather than something flared, flouncy and full, but those pants and boots are on point! The boots I'm not too concerned about, I have a few pairs.

I'm mostly looking for jackets; blazers and hacking jackets, in tweed, herringbone, check, plaid, or what have you, that would work well with those kinds of pants and with a skirt. ;) 

I happened to purchase one last night but it seemed quite old and plain, and the fitmesh didn't seem to work too well with my skirts. 

Alas, I wasn't able to find any feathered hats to add that final touch to an outfit like that, but I guess I'll try some fedoras in earthy tones and add one myself, if that works.

Edited by LottaSinclair
  • Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 626 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.