group settings

Vikivanhelen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 642 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

7 answers to this question

You can hide the member list from other members.

There is a box you can click - on the Roles tab I think.  Can't verify right now - not logged in.  

ETA:  On the Roles tab, scroll down -- the box is below the Assigned Members list.   You will probably have to do it for all Roles.  I don't think you can hide the Owners.

Edited again -- I just confirmed what Rowan says below.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

You can hide the member list from other members.

There is a box you can click - on the Roles tab I think.  Can't verify right now - not logged in.  

ETA:  On the Roles tab, scroll down -- the box is below the Assigned Members list.   You will probably have to do it for all Roles.  I don't think you can hide the Owners.

If you hover over that, you'll notice it only hides those roles from people outside the group, not other group members.

The only way members are hidden from other members is if the group has over 5000 people AFAIK.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Vikivanhelen said:

it is possible..i have seen few groups where you dont see even if you are a member of that group.i dont know if i can type here the group names here,the owner of those group they dont even answer you.

Thankyou

Those groups would probably have over 5000 members.  From the Firestorm blog...

June 11, 2015  29 Comments

We’ve been getting some complaints about group member lists not loading for some groups… here is why…

Linden Lab recently made some changes to groups. A group with over 5000 members will no longer load the list of members unless you are an owner or officer in the group OR if you’ve been assigned to a role in the group which gives you the ability to load the list. This change was made in order to reduce server load and help reduce other group issues like group chat lag.

This is not a viewer bug, it is intended behavior.

Edited by Rowan Amore

11 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

If you hover over that, you'll notice it only hides those roles from people outside the group, not other group members.

The only way members are hidden from other members is if the group has over 5000 people AFAIK.

Well, I'll be.  I never realized that only applied to folks outside of  the group - and groups with more than 5000 people.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 642 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.