in desperate need of places that play newer alternative music

bearamoment

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 637 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

i listen to a lot of young "alternative/indie" artists like beabadoobee, clairo, men i trust, and lana del rey (no idea if she constitutes as indie rock). i'm struggling to find any clubs or venues that play this type of music-- not sure if this is necessarily the right wording. the ones i've found play EDM or very old bands, which isn't what i'm going for.

no hate to the older population on here, but as someone under the age of 20, i can't handle any more music that my grandma or mom used to blast on her radio.

suggestions? thank you 😀

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 7/29/2022 at 2:35 PM, bearamoment said:

i listen to a lot of young "alternative/indie" artists like beabadoobee, clairo, men i trust, and lana del rey (no idea if she constitutes as indie rock). i'm struggling to find any clubs or venues that play this type of music  ...

suggestions? thank you 😀

i think the best suggestion in these situations, is to start your own club. It costs about $2 or $3 a week to get started when start out small. As more people come then can upscale it as you prefer

2 hours ago, Mollymews said:

i think the best suggestion in these situations, is to start your own club. It costs about $2 or $3 a week to get started when start out small. As more people come then can upscale it as you prefer

Why would someone need to pay $ 2 to $ 3/ week to have a club that probably no one is even going to go to?  Find a music stream you like and play it through your computer while you do wherever you like in SL. You don't have to listen to the music other people have picked for their club or parcel.

• Like 2

all i asked was for recommendations about PLACES that play stuff i like. i'm not here to argue with mediocre DJs who are personally offended despite not mentioning them whatsoever. is this controversial or what? just say there are no places, or nothing at all, and move on

i'm not reading any new replies, so go punch a wall or sob underneath other topics. definition of chronically online 

Edited by bearamoment
  • Haha 1

On 7/28/2022 at 10:35 PM, bearamoment said:

i listen to a lot of young "alternative/indie" artists like beabadoobee, clairo, men i trust, and lana del rey (no idea if she constitutes as indie rock). i'm struggling to find any clubs or venues that play this type of music-- not sure if this is necessarily the right wording. the ones i've found play EDM or very old bands, which isn't what i'm going for.

no hate to the older population on here, but as someone under the age of 20, i can't handle any more music that my grandma or mom used to blast on her radio.

suggestions? thank you 😀

Thanks for asking this! I've been wondering the best way to search for venues that play certain styles. Hope someone can give pointers on a good way to search, maybe that would help!

• Like 2

This thread makes me laugh and also feel so old 😆...I remember going to SL clubs 10 years ago and asking about things like Blank Banshee or Night Manager, and nobody knew what I was on about, lol.

I only know Lana Del Ray from your list...so I can't help you here 😐 But... maybe...try joining one of the big alternative music groups (like the Velvet) and get in a group chat and ask... I bet if anyone is DJing the stuff you like, or know people who do, they will DM you links to their sets...good luck! 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, bearamoment said:

very helpful comment, rugan! definitely made a difference 

Don't worry about comments like this. That's just his way of telling you to get off his lawn.

I like SOMA FM for listening in SL, but they only have one proper Indie station. Most of them are Ambient electronic. I also only know Lana Del Ray from your list, but I'm 57. 

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 637 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.