Some like it hot!

Rat Luv

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 707 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

6 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I put horseradish "sauce" (but not the creamy sauce oops) on my sandwich this morning and used too much! lol

It's really good on a toasted bagel with ripe, about a day away from going bad avocado spread over it and spotted to where it looks like a clock with horse radish.

That's really good stuff. :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

Too bad you weren't around for blood boudin before a bunch of idiots got it outlawed.

Grandfather's fishing boat was Big Mamou. 😉

Oh and Eunice still sucks. lol Just not as bad as SLeezeville. 🤣

I do miss good boudin. I've had it shipped to Florida before.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

That looks yummy right there..

I was thinking about making some sort of stew or pot roast tomorrow.. That dish is inspiring some ideas for my dish tomorrow. :)

If you like stew (and can take pork) another tasty one is bak kut teh - made with lots of white pepper, garlic, and stewed pork ribs (can toss in bean curd skin and mushrooms too). Eaten with rice or bread. 

I'm making myself hungry..

image.jpeg.fa8eee2edfcffbcd40e0e8805d23085c.jpeg

• Thanks 2

16 hours ago, Rat Luv said:

I LOVE Tom Yum soup 🌶️:P But with the chilli seeds in...😈

It's an amazing cold-buster! And tastes incredible...

Hard core! Wasabi is my go-to ingredient for clearing sinuses.. less lingering pain than chilli. 

On 7/18/2022 at 9:30 AM, Rat Luv said:

in the UK, vindaloos and phaals are seen as the most extreme curries you can get in restaurants

I find those vary according to the chef. I've had some pretty hot vindaloos and some that barely register on the spicy scale. I don't cook meat very often, but the same holds true for veggie dishes. I make relatively mild dal dishes at home, but some of my relatives make it screaming hot and we have to slather it with yogurt. And then there's the chutneys and mango/lime pickles, and mor milagai (had to google that cos I've never written it before 😆 - basically yogurt marinated fried chilli, a side dish).

• Like 1

I think, one of the hotter things I've eaten is Thai "beef salad" (Yum Nua). A Thai friend explained how people would "suck air in" while eating it, to keep eating through the burn. It was a funny story. Anyway, like most dishes, only as hot as you make it. Next time you go to a Thai restaurant, order your food "Thai hot" and see how hot it is compared to usually.

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 707 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.