Voice Blocked

Your Batty

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 669 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello,

I am trying to help out a friend of mine. He says that his voice is blocked. He can't hear anyone. He showed his volume in his firestorm viewer was all turned up and enabled. He sent me this gyazo and it looks like his "SLvoice" is greyed out? Can anyone help with this and explain on how to fix?

22a947d582fb57dbfc9e2944f5d1b392.png

It happened after SL players changed settings on my computer.

Isn't it true that you do not know what it is about?

This whole thing seems to me like another ambush which ended in disaster.

Now they are also trying to spoil the computer.

There are  experts who work in computer stores and their job is to try and spoil computers through SL 

Edited by HenM
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 4

8 hours ago, HenM said:

It happened after SL players changed settings on my computer.

Isn't it true that you do not know what it is about?

This whole thing seems to me like another ambush which ended in disaster.

Now they are also trying to spoil the computer.

There are  experts who work in computer stores and their job is to try and spoil computers through SL 

Sounds to me like you gave some one access to the system and they did changes.   the LSL language SL uses can not directly change anything on your system, just an fyi before you get to carried away.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HenM said:

I tried to fix the computer

This is a user helping users forum,  there are no linden Lab support help here,  we can only help you with problems if you can describe in detail what has been done and what steps you have taken as rowan pointed out,  their is a guide to help with voice, but beyond that,  we have no helpful information on what you have tried or done already.   so without that information we are not sure how to proceed.

1 hour ago, Your Desire said:

I do apologize to everyone. My friends first language isn’t English. I don’t know if he was really blocked by another resident or not. He says he was blocked by someone. But honestly I’m not too sure. 

Did you explain that people have the option to block/mute other residents and has nothing to do with their computer?  Did you ask if they were in an area that allowed voice chat?

The problem is he can’t hear anything. His settings on firestorm is all turned up. The only thing that’s weird is the SLvoice from what I showed in the photo. It seems it is greyed out. Should be uninstall and reinstall?

2 hours ago, Your Desire said:

The problem is he can’t hear anything. His settings on firestorm is all turned up. The only thing that’s weird is the SLvoice from what I showed in the photo. It seems it is greyed out. Should be uninstall and reinstall?

He can't hear anything at all on his computer and not just SL?  Or is this a specific SL issue?  I posted a link above in regards to SL voice not working and steps to try to get it working.   You're sure he doesn't have ALL sounds muted on SL from the viewer?

fs_media [Phoenix Firestorm Project - Wiki] (firestormviewer.org)

This is an intentional blocking of someone from SL.

About a month ago someone I know from SL called and told me they were doing ambush and they will find a reason...

At first they go to the computer bios and change the timing and frequency settings and after that they make blockages by the computer address they get from the marketing companies even before they sell the computer.

• Confused 2

44 minutes ago, HenM said:

About a month ago someone I know from SL called and told me they were doing ambush and they will find a reason...

At first they go to the computer bios and change the timing and frequency settings and after that they make blockages by the computer address they get from the marketing companies even before they sell the computer.

This is making even less sense as we go along.

52 minutes ago, HenM said:

Impossible but if you really feel that they did this then just buy a new computer and take a hammer to the old one. Problem solved and you are welcome.

1 minute ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

Impossible but if you really feel that they did this then just buy a new computer and take a hammer to the old one. Problem solved and you are welcome.

But your forgot...

56 minutes ago, HenM said:

they make blockages by the computer address they get from the marketing companies even before they sell the computer.

They are blocking BEFORE the computer is even sold.  🤔

• Haha 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 669 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.