Mesh avatars from existing model rips from mobile game

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 709 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have many models with rigging ripped from a defunct Japanese mobile game that I wish to upload into Second Life and use as personal avatars.  All models have textures already done and are weighted.  The only problem is they aren't weighted to the SL armature.

I used to be able to do them myself about 2 years ago but stopped and since forgotten how.  I would relearn but my full-time job prevents me from getting that far into it.

3 hours ago, YugiOhki Shuffle said:

I have many models with rigging ripped from a defunct Japanese mobile game that I wish to upload into Second Life and use as personal avatars.  All models have textures already done and are weighted.  The only problem is they aren't weighted to the SL armature.

I used to be able to do them myself about 2 years ago but stopped and since forgotten how.  I would relearn but my full-time job prevents me from getting that far into it.

seems like someone wants to be a troublemaker :3

38 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

if you don't own rights about those models, (the term "ripped" is already suspicious), you'r violating the TOS/ guidelines.
That a game is defunct doesn't mean there is no owner for the brand or copyrights.

we defy not want any trouble :3

3 hours ago, YugiOhki Shuffle said:

I have many models with rigging ripped from a defunct Japanese mobile game that I wish to upload into Second Life and use as personal avatars

this is the doesn't hurt to ask basket

suggest that you track down the owner(s) of the game copyrights. Never know, they might just say sure why not and give you the right to do this, make your own copies. Hello Kitty does this, so might be the same with this other content owner. They might say yes, then you will be good to do it without any worries

5 hours ago, Mollymews said:

this is the doesn't hurt to ask basket

suggest that you track down the owner(s) of the game copyrights. Never know, they might just say sure why not and give you the right to do this, make your own copies. Hello Kitty does this, so might be the same with this other content owner. They might say yes, then you will be good to do it without any worries

That would be incorrect.. Sanrio has updated their Intellectual Property Info. You can see their new rulings here. https://www.sanrio.com/pages/sanrio-intellectual-property-info

Most big companies will not give you a license to use their images.

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 709 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.