What's the easiest way to get my land sold?

Sukii Allure

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 685 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Premium Plus is going to be revealed very soon (yes really at SL19B) and that will most likely shake things up just like when Premium allotment went to 1024. You don't say what size "small" is but if it is a 2048 it will likely be worth more than it is today and if it is a 1024 or smaller it will likely be worth less. That is certainly what happened in the past.  You can list it for 1 linden per square meter (so 512 for a 612 etc) and you will have a fairly good chance selling. It is summer which is the slowest time of the year for land sales. And much if not all of the world in in a very harsh economy so it isn't really a good time to sell. If you want to save on paying Premium fees and you can't sell quickly then it may make more sense to just abandon the land or sell it to someone you know for almost nothing.   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Contact your neighbors to ask if any of them would like to buy it from you.

When a parcel goes to Abandoned Land, they can ask for it with a support ticket, but many people don't realize this. It will usually be sold to them at $L 1/ square meter after it's been abandoned, so if For Sale prices in your area are higher than that, you can set it for sale at the going rate or slightly lower. If you make an agreement to sell it to a specific person, you can set the land for sale to just them. This way no one else can grab it first before they get a chance to buy it from you.

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 1

Alright I was thinking of just selling it for 4000$l it's a 1024 or 1064 I can't remember off top of my head , what ever the premium allotment is. And is on a highway in odd-job. I realized I didn't have furniture and am horrible at finding things so I'm debating just cutting my losses.

• Sad 1

53 minutes ago, Jaenapool said:

I have no clue how to do that I'm already getting stressed about all this stuff

Take a few minutes to relax. Your Premium membership will last for at least a month if you chose to pay monthly, for 3 months if you chose to pay quarterly, or for a year if you chose to pay annually. You will have to get rid of your land eventually before you can downgrade to Basic, but you can probably wait a bit before doing that.

If furnishing your home is your only problem, there is plenty of free furniture on Marketplace and in stores inworld. People on this forum will help you find nice furniture, for instance on this thread

As a new user of Second Life, I think it might be easier for you to use your 1024 m of included land to get a Linden Home, but even then you'd still need to get furniture and to continue paying for a Premium subscription if you wanted to keep it.

The easiest way to get rid of unwanted land is to Abandon it, but then you wouldn't get any money back for it.  

To find the selling price of land near you, look on the World map with the "Parcels For Sale" box checked. This will show parcels set for sale as yellow on the map. Then you can teleport to them & click on the land to see how much they're being offered for. Sometimes the prices are set very high because the land owner isn't that eager to sell the land, so it's helpful to look at several parcels to see what the going rate is in your area for different sizes and types of lots. The price / square meter is calculated for you I think, so just write that down on a piece of paper. 

To contact your neighbors and ask them if they might want to buy your parcel, right click on their land to see who owns it. Sometimes it will be owned by a group, in which case you can open that group profile to see who is the owner of that group. Then you can send both an IM and a notecard to those people. You can send the same notecard to all of them and copy & paste the same message if you word it correctly. For instance, "Hello. I'm your neighbor in  (x region). I'm thinking of selling my land and wonder if you might want to buy it?" If you already have a sale price in mind, you should tell them this too. Most people will take anywhere from a couple of days to a couple of weeks to reply to you. If you don't hear back from them after that long, they're probably not interested or not active in SL. 

To set your land for sale, right click on it and select "Set Land for Sale". You will see an option to set it for sale to anyone or to a specific person. You will also see an option to set the sale price. You can change your mind about selling, change your sale price, or change who you want to set it for sale to until someone buys it. If you Abandon your land and then change your mind, you can also file a support ticket to try to get it back. Then a Linden can set it back to sale to you for $L 0. Just don't overuse that "Ooops, I changed my mind" option.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Take a few minutes to relax. Your Premium membership will last for at least a month if you chose to pay monthly, for 3 months if you chose to pay quarterly, or for a year if you chose to pay annually. You will have to get rid of your land eventually before you can downgrade to Basic, but you can probably wait a bit before doing that.

If furnishing your home is your only problem, there is plenty of free furniture on Marketplace and in stores inworld. People on this forum will help you find nice furniture, for instance on this thread

As a new user of Second Life, I think it might be easier for you to use your 1024 m of included land to get a Linden Home, but even then you'd still need to get furniture and to continue paying for a Premium subscription if you wanted to keep it.

The easiest way to get rid of unwanted land is to Abandon it, but then you wouldn't get any money back for it.  

To find the selling price of land near you, look on the World map with the "Parcels For Sale" box checked. This will show parcels set for sale as yellow on the map. Then you can teleport to them & click on the land to see how much they're being offered for. Sometimes the prices are set very high because the land owner isn't that eager to sell the land, so it's helpful to look at several parcels to see what the going rate is in your area for different sizes and types of lots. The price / square meter is calculated for you I think, so just write that down on a piece of paper. 

To contact your neighbors and ask them if they might want to buy your parcel, right click on their land to see who owns it. Sometimes it will be owned by a group, in which case you can open that group profile to see who is the owner of that group. Then you can send both an IM and a notecard to those people. You can send the same notecard to all of them and copy & paste the same message if you word it correctly. For instance, "Hello. I'm your neighbor in  (x region). I'm thinking of selling my land and wonder if you might want to buy it?" If you already have a sale price in mind, you should tell them this too. Most people will take anywhere from a couple of days to a couple of weeks to reply to you. If you don't hear back from them after that long, they're probably not interested or not active in SL. 

To set your land for sale, right click on it and select "Set Land for Sale". You will see an option to set it for sale to anyone or to a specific person. You will also see an option to set the sale price. You can change your mind about selling, change your sale price, or change who you want to set it for sale to until someone buys it. If you Abandon your land and then change your mind, you can also file a support ticket to try to get it back. Then a Linden can set it back to sale to you for $L 0. Just don't overuse that "Ooops, I changed my mind" option.

This helps a bit but I dunno I paid 3k for it a week ago. I guess I can throw it back at that price. I'm just gettung so much anxiety people say things should be there that aren't then I can't figure out how to edit stuff or find out prims before buying so it's getting so  annoying and frustrating I think I'll just sell this off and go to a small linden home 

24 minutes ago, Jaenapool said:

This helps a bit but I dunno I paid 3k for it a week ago. I guess I can throw it back at that price. I'm just gettung so much anxiety people say things should be there that aren't then I can't figure out how to edit stuff or find out prims before buying so it's getting so  annoying and frustrating I think I'll just sell this off and go to a small linden home 

You can set it for sale for $L 3000 now, the same price that you paid for it, so if someone buys it you won't have lost any money. Then look at the other for Sale Parcels and contact your neighbors in case it doesn't sell right away.  Remember the one-time cost for buying land is generally not the real expense of owning land in SL. The real expense is continuing to pay for tier or a Premium subscription month after month or year after year. 

In your case $L 3000 is $12, so maybe not that much of an expense for you. Also, if you only recently went to a Premium account, it might be worth waiting to downgrade to Basic (if that's what you want to do) until after you've received your $ L 1000 bonus after 45 days. When one calculates the cost of an annual Premium subscription against the stipend one gets back and having a "free" Linden Home or 1024 m of land, it's not a bad deal, but paying month by month can get expensive. 

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 1

Like Persephone said, L$3,000 is around $12 USD, so if it starts stressing you too much, you might consider just abandoning the parcel. You'd lose your $12 but then you would have your 1024 land allowance freed up to get a nice Linden Home to play with. You are the only one who can decide how important trying to get some or all of the $12 back is to you. 

• Like 5

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 685 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.