Cannot Log In To Any Viewer After Purchasing A Sim

Charolotte Caxton

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 684 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

13 answers to this question

That doesn't sound like a fairy speaking..... 😲  I think you have a login problem unrelated to your land purchase.  After all, your viewer doesn't have any way of knowing whether you own land or not.  So, try all the standard things first.  Check your Internet connection, rebooting both the router and the modem to be sure that you have a clean, solid connection.  Verify that you are using the right password and username.  The fact that you can't get the Firestorm viewer to even download suggests that the problem is on your end, so taking care of those first steps should help.

Not that it makes any difference to your login issue, but you ought to check your dashboard at secondlife.com >> Land Manager >> My Regions  to verify that your land purchase went through.  It should also show up in your account summary.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

That doesn't sound like a fairy speaking..... 😲  I think you have a login problem unrelated to your land purchase.  After all, your viewer doesn't have any way of knowing whether you own land or not.  So, try all the standard things first.  Check your Internet connection, rebooting both the router and the modem to be sure that you have a clean, solid connection.  Verify that you are using the right password and username.  The fact that you can't get the Firestorm viewer to even download suggests that the problem is on your end, so taking care of those first steps should help.

Not that it makes any difference to your login issue, but you ought to check your dashboard at secondlife.com >> Land Manager >> My Regions  to verify that your land purchase went through.  It should also show up in your account summary.

Thanks, Rolig. I apologize for my non fairy demeanor. It's just so frustrating. I just wanted to chill and unpack on my own sim.

1 minute ago, Rolig Loon said:

This may sound like an odd question, but do you have a current SL viewer or are you trying to log in with the old one that you used years ago?  The current viewer can be downloaded from https://secondlife.com/support/downloads/ .  An older viewer (more than a couple of versions out of date) won't work at all

I'm actually on the new computer. New SL viewer. I was able to get in on Firestorm.

• Like 1

Just now, Charolotte Caxton said:

Thanks, Rolig. I apologize for my non fairy demeanor. It's just so frustrating. I just wanted to chill and unpack on my own sim.

I know.  ;)  I was only pulling your chain a little.  It has to be frustrating.  A lot has changed since you were here regularly, so you really are starting fresh and having all the newbie issues that you thought you outgrew years ago.  So, take a deep breath (or maybe four or five) and deal with one thing at a time.  Verify that your computer is connected well to the Internet and that you have a current version of the SL viewer installed.  Loads of people have been in world all day and there haven't been a lot of posts saying that others are having login problems, so it has to be something simple on your end.  All we have to do is find it.

That's fantastic. So, is everything OK now, sorta?  You're logged in with FS, you have your new region, .... Set HOME to that location so you can log in there easily and can use it as your emergency "GET ME OUT OF HERE!" destination. And then start doing things with your new land.

• Like 2

Now, I notice that you have been posting a swarm of questions in different places.  I suggest slowing down and sticking to ONE thread, adding questions as you go.   Better than that, I suggest taking some time to explore the Knowledge Base (link at the top of this page).  You'll find detailed answers to many of the basic questions you're asking, and lots that you haven't even thought of asking.  You can also search the forums by typing keywords into its Search function, to see if other people have asked similar questions.

Happy birthday, BTW.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Rolig Loon said:

Now, I notice that you have been posting a swarm of questions in different places.  I suggest slowing down and sticking to ONE thread, adding questions as you go.   Better than that, I suggest taking some time to explore the Knowledge Base (link at the top of this page).  You'll find detailed answers to many of the basic questions you're asking, and lots that you haven't even thought of asking.  You can also search the forums by typing keywords into its Search function, to see if other people have asked similar questions.

Happy birthday, BTW.

Honestly, Rolig. You are a reason SL is great. Thank you for the advice. Thanks.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 684 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.